When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

33 Colson

-

SKPC

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
1st post here for me. I just took custody of, and am restoring a 33 motorbike with unmatched parts. Need more info on crank-set and wheel-set that were on it.
The bike as I found it .
68440_2357a568689bf717d73d44749b53f241[1].jpg

68441_9c80545572100ec29dde262daafa76d8[1].jpg

CRANK- Unknown year Mead-style has "keyed" sprocket.
IMG_1937.JPG

WHEELSET-The early/odd 26" clincher wheelset with colson front and ND no-oiler rear may or may not be original to the bike. Anyone? 14/16 spokes were toast, so I disassembled them.
IMG_1935.JPG

I will be needing more help on this resto as I discover more about this amalgam..

IMG_1939.JPG

Welcome to thecabe also. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on here that can help you out. Oh fordmike65 where are you at? It appears to be originally a 26" wheeled bike, just saying.
V/r
Sean

Welcome, nice bike w/ a lot of potential, really like those motorbikes. I think that it may have had this crankset. This is an earlier model, but I believe that they were used up until 1937. What size tires are on it now? It looks 28" to me. Good luck & have fun w/ it.

DSC02903.JPG

I don't believe it's a Shelby , on a Shelby the upper and lower bearing cups are the same diameter as the neck

1st post here for me. I just took custody of, and am restoring a 33 motorbike with unmatched parts. Need more info on crank-set and wheel-set that were on it.
The bike as I found it .
View attachment 747294
View attachment 747287

CRANK- Unknown year Mead-style has "keyed" sprocket.
View attachment 747286

WHEELSET-The early/odd 26" clincher wheelset with colson front and ND no-oiler rear may or may not be original to the bike. Anyone? 14/16 spokes were toast, so I disassembled them.
View attachment 747288
I will be needing more help on this resto as I discover more about this amalgam..

View attachment 747292
Amalgam? Isn't that used for filling teeth? Looks like nickle plating on hubs. Or am I missing something?

Amalgam-"a mixture of different elements"-#2Websters. A combination of different parts(elements) not original to the bike. There is nickel on the rims/hubs though, yes.

Last edited:
Serial " is 3J6333 on bb shell. The mystery crank-set that was on the bike has longer arms than the chain-stay history tells.
This pic below is with a shorter length crank I had laying around. To get this to clear the stay, it had to be spaced waaaay right.
This makes me assume it was a short arm crank with wide arm spacing & the sweetheart sprocket.. pics below..
IMG_1920.JPG

The tank came out Tan...frame/fork is black.
IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1925.JPG

The bike has 26" tires on it in the 1st pic. Comparing this rim to a 559-26" rim, it sits 3/16" taller. Has anyone here seen a 26" clincher rim like this on a Colson hub? The Model D rear has no oiler in the shell...

Back