'34 Elgin Blackhawk Falcon.

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

pedal_junky

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 16, 2011
Statesville NC
20140630_170214.jpg

Starting from scratch. Frame, truss fork, and wheelset original to the bike.
20140630_181951.jpg

Frame cleaned up pretty good and there was a
decent amount of chrome on the triple steps hiding underneath house paint. Morrow hub with D3 date code and a ND S.M. front hub.
20140630_182018.jpg

Tank and fender hunting now.
20140707_182059.jpg

I'd like to thank jrpromo for answering the countless emails.

Oldnut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Oct 30, 2012
Dayton,oh
Falcon

20140630_170214.jpg
Starting from scratch. Frame, truss fork, and wheelset original to the bike.
20140630_181951.jpg
Frame cleaned up pretty good and there was a
decent amount of chrome on the triple steps hiding underneath house paint. Morrow hub with D3 date code and a ND S.M. front hub.
20140630_182018.jpg
Tank and fender hunting now.
20140707_182059.jpg
I'd like to thank jrpromo for answering the countless emails.
Looking good great start

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
One of my favorite bikes that I hope to own someday. The "Wildcat siren" makes these for me. V/r Shawn

pedal_junky

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 16, 2011
Statesville NC
Thanks Catfish. A few of us at the shop came up with the design (borrowed from another bike stand on the market) but made of 1/8" aluminum. Originally built for mountain bikes but can also be used for ballooners.

Reactions: JLF and catfish

pedal_junky

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 16, 2011
Statesville NC
One of my favorite bikes that I hope to own someday. The "Wildcat siren" makes these for me. V/r Shawn

Yes, that would be the cherry on the sundae for this bike. So the Falcons had the tire driven siren and the Blackhawk' s had the pancake horn? Was the chrome fork exclusive to the Blackhawk?

pedal_junky

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 16, 2011
Statesville NC
20140707_170924-2.jpg

Here's a peek of the underside. What's going on with the strike above the M?

catfish

Riding an Alexander Rocket Bike
Sep 25, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
thecabe.com
Yes, that would be the cherry on the sundae for this bike. So the Falcons had the tire driven siren and the Blackhawk' s had the pancake horn? Was the chrome fork exclusive to the Blackhawk?
Most of the time Falcons had painted forks. But they were being made side by side with the Blackhawks, and I have seen one or two that looked to have a factory chrome fork. As parts were interchangeable..... But I think they were always cataloged as painted. How about some more shots of the stand you made?

Reactions: pedal_junky

pedal_junky

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 16, 2011
Statesville NC
Thanks for that Catfish. I'll get some pics and measurement's of the stand up when I get home next week .

Reactions: catfish
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

pedal_junky

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 16, 2011
Statesville NC
fenders.

Finally scored some fenders. Not sure about the braces though. Let me know what you guys think.
20140822_180707.jpg

Reactions: JLF

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Dec 28, 2012
Ol' st. Lou
Well, here's what I think

Finally scored some fenders. Not sure about the braces though. Let me know what you guys think.20140822_180707.jpg
It's choice. Glad you got the fenders too. Really looking great frank. Rob.

aasmitty757

Two Tired
Aug 17, 2006
Claremore, Oklahoma
Braces

Finally scored some fenders. Not sure about the braces though. Let me know what you guys think.

After going through several sets of fenders for my Blackhawk, Catfish gave the the low down on what was correct..... they only had a single brace on the front and rear fender at a certain angle.

pedal_junky

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 16, 2011
Statesville NC

After going through several sets of fenders for my Blackhawk, Catfish gave the the low down on what was correct..... they only had a single brace on the front and rear fender at a certain angle.
Thanks. Yeah, I've seen many like you said with the single brace in the rear( including catalog images), and some with the double. Still hunting I guess. I'd like to see a pics of your Blackhawk.

Last edited:

aasmitty757

Two Tired
Aug 17, 2006
Claremore, Oklahoma
as bought

Thanks. Yeah, I've seen many like you said with the single brace in the rear( including catalog images), and some with the double. Still hunting I guess. I'd like to see a pics of your Falcon.
My Blackhawk is currently not put together as are about half of my bikes. The picture attached is how it looked when I purchased it. It had been setting in storage for an unknown time to me, and had acquired some peppering on most of the chrome. The clad wheels were toast.
The chrome parts have cleaned up nicely and I have acquired another killer set of clad wheels and the rest of the correct parts for a 34. = the unique “Elgin” pancake horn with flipper switch mounted to the handlebar, and a nicer seat, NOS stainless fender set with correct braces. etc.

elgin1.jpg

stoney

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 19, 2013
Fuquay Varina, NC, United States
Lobe the Blackhawk and Falcons, very nice find. Is that an older restoration?

pedal_junky

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 16, 2011
Statesville NC

Second set of braces. Single for the rear and a longer one up front. It just seems like a lot of room under the rear fender.
20141205_170347.jpg

Looking for the spacer that goes here. Anyone?
20141205_234247.jpg

And a truss plate.
20141205_234301.jpg

Last edited:

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Mar 3, 2011
Minneapolis, United States
oh ya the fenders close to the tire make a big diff in how it looks,if the braces are to long[and not some rare og brace]i have made a cut in the top crown[where it is rivited to the fender]and taken material out and made new holes to shorten brace.never did like the way the front of the fender fit on phantoms and b6,especially on repop fender sets

This ad goes away when you register for an account!