When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'34 Elgin Blackhawk Falcon.

-
fenders.

Finally scored some fenders. Not sure about the braces though. Let me know what you guys think.
20140822_180707.jpg

Reactions: JLF
Braces

Finally scored some fenders. Not sure about the braces though. Let me know what you guys think.

After going through several sets of fenders for my Blackhawk, Catfish gave the the low down on what was correct..... they only had a single brace on the front and rear fender at a certain angle.

After going through several sets of fenders for my Blackhawk, Catfish gave the the low down on what was correct..... they only had a single brace on the front and rear fender at a certain angle.

Thanks. Yeah, I've seen many like you said with the single brace in the rear( including catalog images), and some with the double. Still hunting I guess. I'd like to see a pics of your Blackhawk.

Last edited:
as bought

Thanks. Yeah, I've seen many like you said with the single brace in the rear( including catalog images), and some with the double. Still hunting I guess. I'd like to see a pics of your Falcon.

My Blackhawk is currently not put together as are about half of my bikes. The picture attached is how it looked when I purchased it. It had been setting in storage for an unknown time to me, and had acquired some peppering on most of the chrome. The clad wheels were toast.
The chrome parts have cleaned up nicely and I have acquired another killer set of clad wheels and the rest of the correct parts for a 34. = the unique “Elgin” pancake horn with flipper switch mounted to the handlebar, and a nicer seat, NOS stainless fender set with correct braces. etc.

elgin1.jpg

Lobe the Blackhawk and Falcons, very nice find. Is that an older restoration?

Second set of braces. Single for the rear and a longer one up front. It just seems like a lot of room under the rear fender.
20141205_170347.jpg

Looking for the spacer that goes here. Anyone?
20141205_234247.jpg

And a truss plate.
20141205_234301.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted the fender on this bike to snuggle right up against the tire. Got some steel tubing from a hardware store, measured, cut, filed, painted. ~30min job with materials in hand.

20141206_019JPG-1.jpg

20141206_020JPG-1.jpg

20141206_018JPG-1.jpg

20141206_017JPG-1.jpg

oh ya the fenders close to the tire make a big diff in how it looks,if the braces are to long[and not some rare og brace]i have made a cut in the top crown[where it is rivited to the fender]and taken material out and made new holes to shorten brace.never did like the way the front of the fender fit on phantoms and b6,especially on repop fender sets

Back