When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'34 Schwinn built tall Mead Ranger ballooner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nick-theCut

I live for the CABE
This project has been my obsession for a long time. I could of documented much earlier, but I guess I'll start to share the process today.
It's kinda a build that started with my obsession with tall Ranger motorbikes and a roached, but cool frame/crank&chainring.
epujupa6-1.jpg

Fast forward to today. I've completed the parts search and working on paint at the moment. Almost all of the plating is complete...
8y8u2uhu-1.jpg

I'm using VintageSchwinn.com for paint. I can't tell you how much body work this frame needed. Bondo, JB Weld, the works. I'm happy now and the painting started a couple a months ago.
he2y7e3u-1.jpg

evyvazet-1.jpg

9eda4aqu-1.jpg

Here is the pic I took today while I was working on the stencil alignment for the darts, before the base color (Mead Brown) goes on.

zu3y8aze-1.jpg

Here's the serial number:
ynepe3eg-1.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the fenders I'll be using.
yhatupur-1.jpg

umehevat-1.jpg

The fenders got a little body work and polishing done, and the braces and drop stand clip got replated. I just used the screw on fender rivits. They look pretty good I think.

wow

That's awesome and inspiring! Is that a regular size tank? Can't wait to see it complete. The talls ride NICE!

AS 34 crank & replated original Torrington 10's with Scott's repop red blocks.
seve9u6u-1.jpg

eruquren-1.jpg

vanutunu-1.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to knock out some of the painting on this Veterans Day.
Again I'm using VintageSchwinn.com spray. An paints. Doing multiple light coats about 5-10 mins apart.
5ehuzapy-1.jpg

yrajujys-1.jpg

reja8yge-1.jpg

The tank and the frame will have to be done on a different day. I'm running out of warm sun.

Back