When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'34 Schwinn built tall Mead Ranger ballooner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Stencil removal.
juje7ysa-1.jpg

LIKE IT ALOT! Can't wait to see final assembly. How does the paint lay down? I'm thinking about getting a couple cans custom mixed to do some color matching on my new project Huffman.

LIKE IT ALOT! Can't wait to see final assembly. How does the paint lay down? I'm thinking about getting a couple cans custom mixed to do some color matching on my new project Huffman.

So far the only issue is how hard it is. I've been heating up the parts before painting with either a blow dryer or the oven. With the intervals of paint layering, it's been laying down quite nice.
Thanks for the approval guys!

Looks great Nick. I have done just what you are doing a couple of times with real good results. The only thing I caution is when you are happy with your coverage of color----STOP-----do not try one more coat thinking 1 more will be better. I have tried that a couple of times and when I did that one more coat, the paint wrinkled up. I don't know why, everything was great before that one more make even better coat of paint. Then I had to do my whole process over again. Looks great though, nice project.

Very nice Nick your going to be happy when it's done.

Thanks Mark. Enjoying the current push I'm on right now with the project.
I replated the wheels you gave me, a little pitted in spots, but solid and straight as heck. Muchas gracias!
Also Mark was able to rummage up a few NOS 1934 goodies (fork bearings and hub strap)
My project wouldn't be the same without your contributions.

I had to take advantage of today's heat.
Finished up the paint (frame/tank)
ebyqu7ep-1.jpg

aje6agat-1.jpg

Pretty happy with the coverage, so I pulled the stencils.
umaqaden-1.jpg

apete4e4-1.jpg

ra4aqe7e-1.jpg

yzysynun-1.jpg

I'm hoping the pinstripes clean up the darts

Last edited:
So excited to have the ears reattached after the cad plating was done. Found some good rivits that fit perfect, and pounded away with my hammer. I had never pein a rivit before, so it was tricky at first. Very happy with the result
a6edu7am-1.jpg

y6e8yryt-1.jpg

Looks like the seat I got from Mr. Werba is going to be perfect.
u7aqera5-1.jpg

Back