'35 Bluebird

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Jeff54

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sep 11, 2013
Ft Myers, Florida
have a lazer level mounted above
cool stuff. I've been wondering 'why, how the droop-outs bend'. Ya know, there's all that support on the bracket, rear, front and top yet lower is weak? And I see it now, the tail, it wiggles when sat on sides, bumps etc. flipped from back to change tires, it's a good distance, enough to shift which helps pull on the screwed/tapped, pressed out cuts. The weakest link is not as strong as a shift on the rear bars that would pull em away, down.

Joe Buffardi

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 22, 2014
Riverside, Ca.
This is a big reason why I joined the Cabe after lurking for years. The attention to detail. The love and admiration of bicycles. You have gone the extra mile for research of an amazing Elgin creation.

Reactions: THE STIG

jacdan98

Finally riding a big boys bike
Nov 12, 2011
Folsom CA.
Great job! If only I can get my Aerocycle frame straightened and geometry correct! :confused:

jacdan98

Nov 12, 2011
Folsom CA.
aer1225f3.jpg
get-attachment (14).jpg
The frame broke and then repaired but the bottom tube seems to be to short & I don't know what the length should be, but the fork should fill the gap in the tank. See pic

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Measurements

Hey Jack,
Here is the best I can do without removing the tank. Down tube is measured from inside stop to BB. Top was measured over the tank which I don't think affects it a whole lot. Should at least give you an idea if you are in the ballpark. I hope this helps. V/r Shawn

DSC_0166.JPG

jacdan98

Nov 12, 2011
Folsom CA.
Hey Jack,
Here is the best I can do without removing the tank. Down tube is measured from inside stop to BB. Top was measured over the tank which I don't think affects it a whole lot. Should at least give you an idea if you are in the ballpark. I hope this helps. V/r Shawn

DSC_0166.JPG
Thanks Freqman! What is the full measurement of the bottom bar minus the tank tab?

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Freqman1

Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Add 1"--21 3/4" would be the total length measured from the bearing cup to the BB. V/r Shawn

jacdan98

Nov 12, 2011
Folsom CA.
mystery solved!! Thanks Freqman1:cool:
DSC06549.jpg
DSC06548.jpg
My frame measures 21 1/2 bottom tube everything else is fine. I just need to replace the bottom bar. Easy fix if you have the right measurements. Thank You THE STIG for letting me use your tread.

Thanks,
jackdaniel

THE STIG

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 21, 2013
Waterford, NY
Nicky all done Glass Bead'n the bird,,,

IMG_1556_zpsa0571777-1.jpg

IMG_2754_zpsa7cbad10-1.jpg

couple lead seams to repair and paint,,,

IMG_2755_zpsb91f59bb-1.jpg

Last edited:

Freqman1

Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
The bike is coming along nicely Tarry. So what color are you going to paint it? Back to the original red? V/r Shawn

M & M cycle

Oct 9, 2013
Eagle Lake MN
nice helper!!

Nicky all done Glass Bead'n the bird,,,

IMG_1556_zpsa0571777-1.jpg

IMG_2754_zpsa7cbad10-1.jpg

couple lead seams to repair and paint,,,

IMG_2755_zpsb91f59bb-1.jpg
Stig, its nice to see your significant other helping with bikes, it looks like you have a good thing going there, its nice to see in this day and age, sincerely Mark

THE STIG

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 21, 2013
Waterford, NY
all lead fill replaced, holes repaired, ready for primer,,

IMG_2756_zpseebcb7a0-1.jpg

IMG_2757_zps243ae19d-1.jpg

Curtis68

Oct 23, 2013
Shingle Springs, United States
Very cool

Tarry, Very nice bike and great work on the restore so far. Can't wait to see the finished product.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!