When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'35 Bluebird

-
Looks great. Just did some research and yours is a 36 with the O in the number. Mine is weird it's a partial N so it's a 35.

Phil Marshall post,,,

Hi Paul, I think it is a good time to mention a few things I?ve noticed about your Bluebird so you are aware of them in case you don?t sell the bike or so that any prospective buyers can be made aware.

First of all the bike has a great patina and that is a selling point to many but the bike was repainted at some time (probably in the 50?s when some of the other parts were replaced)

Your bike has the early seat mast that was replaced by the end of the first year of production with a stronger reinforced version. This corroborates that the bike is a 1935 (or early 1936) model. At that time the Bluebird was only available in French blue which is a greenish, non metallic robin?s egg blue. The blisters on the side of the tank and on the rack would have been painted red, not white. Later in 1936 the bluebird was also offered in non-metallic red with white trim although this combination was less popular. Later still, in the summer of 1937, the colors were changed to opalescent (read metallic) blue with red trim or opalescent gunmetal (grey) with ivory trim.

The bikes were produced for Sears by Westfield and the serial number on the bottom of the crank hanger will clear up the manufacturing date. A serial number beginning with an ?N? signifies 1935, an ?A? is for 1936, and a ?B? is for 1937.

:confused::confused::confused:

What do those go for on average? Ive only seen 1 in person and the owner snubbed me because I didn't know what it was

IMG_2733_zps8a592f7d-1.jpg

What do those go for on average? Ive only seen 1 in person and the owner snubbed me because I didn't know what it was

Complete bikes range from about $8k such as this to about $15k for a nice original or top level restoration. V/r Shawn

Wow and I thought my 39 Hawthorne was rare and expensive. I got alot to learn.

There are actually quite a few bikes that get into this range including early full boogie Schwinn Autocycles, Aerocycle, Big tank Twin Flex Huffmans, Huffman Super Streamlines, Elgin Twin 60, '37 Roadmaster Supreme, Shelby Airflo Speedline, and Bowden Spacelander to name a few. Its pretty easy to drain a bank account--I know I've done it and don't regret it for a second! V/r Shawn

Yep... that's a later reinforced neck thicker than mine. 36-37. Still gonna be a sweet bike. Value?.... I'm too attached to mine.. It's priceless to me. Wished I had more of them;)

yup, prolly '36....... not concerned about value, it's going to be my rider . :cool:

Back