When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

35 schwinn double diamond bmx bomber.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Keep posting about this build. I just acquired a double diamond frame. I'm trying to figure out my build now. I've got rider polished Araya 7x, Araya steel, and NOS FEMCO rims I can use. I also have some Rhyno lites I could use. I'm certain the rear Hub/brake is going to be a Bendix Red Band or Bendix 86. I'm a little less certain about the front hub. Could be Sunshine, Schwinn or something else.

I've got nice Tioga Task Force cranks, multiple SR tubular cranks and I'm considering splurging on either some CBR cranks or a stamped set of Ashtabulas.

I have multiple old double clamp stems (Winn, SR, Huffy, Mijon) and I am considering a True Torch. I'm also waiting to hear from J&D Racing on if they can come up with one. Though if I get that one I may use it on my S&M COVID cruiser that I haven't built up yet.

I'll likely use a Brooks or Wrights saddle that I already have, though I'm looking for a nice mattress seat too.

I'm sure I'll use some rat trap pedals that I already have. I've got some NOS HTI, Track Certified, and Windfield rat traps and a set of Windfields that have black pedal bodies with anodized red cages like old KKT Lightning pedals.

I've got multiple S&M and SE handle bars that haven't been mounted yet. I tried to find some Inter-am solid aluminum handlebars but they're really expensive when you do find 'em.

No idea what I'll do about the fork yet. I rode a DG as a kid. I loved that bike and everyone else did too as it was stolen multiple times. Each time the police tracked it down the insurance on the bike allowed me to build it nicer than the time before. When I first got it used from Bicycle Harbor in Mesa, AZ it had a stamped Ashtabula fork, stamped crank and stem. When I rebuilt it after that it had UKAIs, Maxy Cross cranks, v-bars and a Tange fork. Frame and fork were chrome, but everything else was red or blue anodized (I love red anodized bits). I may modify a fork to look like an old school Ashtabula fork.

Other bits I have that I'll likely use include NOS Campy quick flip MTB seat collar bolt and skin wall snake belly tires, Sugino spider and bolts, MCS 41t chainring.

I bought the double diamond frame because I read Cooks Bros based its 3-bar cruiser off that frame. So this bike is a bit of a tribute to those bikes.

Nearly every bike I own is black. I'm thinking of painting this one either red or white using some of Eastwood's 2k products (prime, base and clear).

Sorry I don't have a better picture of the DG right now. When I clean out my parents storage units I'm sure I'll find better pics.

View attachment 1412000
Above: The F/F etc I just bought.
View attachment 1412001
Above: This is not my stem, but I have one just like this.
View attachment 1412002
Above: This is my SR stem.
View attachment 1412003
Above: DG in the background. Circa '84. I miss having hair.
View attachment 1412004
Above: Two more stems I have. The Mijon is mounted on a '49 Schwinn panther right now. I only have one of the OG Mijon caps so these are ACS.
Hey PhxBuckeye, do you have a build thread going for this one? I'd love to follow the build, it's going to be pretty bada$$. I'm gathering parts for a couple of Klunker builds and I love inspiration from other's bikes. Enjoy!

Looking pretty good. I've got the parts group that I can swap from 1 frame to another pretty easy. Currently they're on a red 75 schwinn camelback frame.

20210525_173543.jpg

Here is the new project. First year double diamond frame, polished rhynolites, TNT derringer hubs, profile racing bottom bracket, mx 1000 caliper brakes, se racing landing gear fork . That's it so far. Enjoy.

View attachment 1116515

View attachment 1116521

View attachment 1116522

View attachment 1116526

View attachment 1116527

View attachment 1116528

View attachment 1116529
Hey BigMoe, this build is super cool. I really like the direction you're taking and it looks b!tchin! Should be an awesome rider. One of my Klunks is going to be built on my C model (not double diamond). Still deciding whether to do it hybrid or coaster brake. Keep up the great work!

If there's no og paint left. I'd say go freewheel and v brake onit.
That's kind of my thinking too. I like the coaster idea but this would be more rideable, esp here in the mountains. My C model doesn't have any original paint on it but I may try an original paint scheme when I do paint it. I have an original paint prewar Shelby double bar frame and also an original paint Amercian Flyer with it's original fork so plenty of options. These will all be Klunkers of some variety. Also my '39 Colson which I think is getting modern Sturmey drum hubs and 1x10 gears.

Hey PhxBuckeye, do you have a build thread going for this one? I'd love to follow the build, it's going to be pretty bada$$. I'm gathering parts for a couple of Klunker builds and I love inspiration from other's bikes. Enjo
Hey PhxBuckeye, do you have a build thread going for this one? I'd love to follow the build, it's going to be pretty bada$$. I'm gathering parts for a couple of Klunker builds and I love inspiration from other's bikes. Enjoy!
I'm building it with all American parts, mostly old school or older.

Here's what I know I'm using so far:
Oury high flange grips.
either a Huffy Pro Thunder or True Torch double clamp stem.
either S&M S.A.C. bars or True Torch solid aluminum handlebars
solid aluminum seat post
Mesinger saddle
NOS Carlisle stud tires
NOS Carlisle tubes
steel SUN Metal Products rims
NOS ACS front hub
Bendix Red Band rear hub
embossed Ashtabula cranks
NOS rat trap pedals
S&M Chain Saw chainring
NOS Diamond chain
Re-chromed prewar AS bottom bracket
Haven't decided on a headset yet, but likely Schwinn.
Either a True Torch or Santa Barbra Cruisers fork.

I've acquired more than 90% of this stuff already.

Right now I'm planning to paint the bike red using Eastwood 2k primer and paint.

Here's what I know I'm using so far:
Oury high flange grips.
either a Huffy Pro Thunder or True Torch double clamp stem.
either S&M S.A.C. bars or True Torch solid aluminum handlebars
solid aluminum seat post
Mesinger saddle
NOS Carlisle stud tires
NOS Carlisle tubes
steel SUN Metal Products rims
NOS ACS front hub
Bendix Red Band rear hub
embossed Ashtabula cranks
NOS rat trap pedals
S&M Chain Saw chainring
NOS Diamond chain
Re-chromed prewar AS bottom bracket
Haven't decided on a headset yet, but likely Schwinn.
Either a True Torch or Santa Barbra Cruisers fork.

I've acquired more than 90% of this stuff already.

Right now I'm planning to paint the bike red using Eastwood 2k primer and paint.
That sounds totally cool. It must have taken a while and lots of searching to find just the right parts. That’s going to make for a super nice ride. I really love the early klunkerz and this one is going to be sweet! I’ll do a build thread on mine when I get farther along with it.

I'd use aluminum rims, probably sun rhynolite.
The goal of this build is to use 100% USA made parts. When I get around to the next couple of builds, I'll use US, Japanese even Taiwanese parts. However, none will be made in China.
That sounds totally cool. It must have taken a while and lots of searching to find just the right parts. That’s going to make for a super nice ride. I really love the early klunkerz and this one is going to be sweet! I’ll do a build thread on mine when I get farther along with it.
I finalized more of the build today. I bought True Torch high rise flat track solid aluminum handlebars, True Torch clamp on slant stem and True Torch three-bar style fork. Chrome fork and silver/raw aluminum handlebars and stem.

I'll post pics later.

Back