When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'36 Adler...and so it begins.

-

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just received/unpacked a 1936 Adler 3 Gang. One pic is from the PO; the other, what it looks like unpacked - headlight/saddle not in picture. Overall, it's in nice shape and everything looks original. As time goes on, I'll be looking for original handgrips (Saarlac?); clay 26 X 1.75 tires; trying to find out if that's an original saddle (I think not - can't remember the name on it, but it isn't Adler); replacing the broken glass in the rear reflector; adding a Bosch period-correct generator; seeing if I can source/have made an Adler decal for the chain guard - so much paint loss, I might repaint that piece. For now, I'll order new spokes/nipples, and polish the rims and hubs. It'll be a major cleanup, vs. a restoration. Any Adler fans (or folks with the parts I need) out there? Thanks. I'll be back.

I have a few parts, and can send you my attempt at translating the service manual. One source for bakelite grips is:
I'm not sure if they have any Adler grips. The rubber pads for the front brake are available on eBay.

Back