When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'36 green Colson ladies model, a Mother's Day surprise

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Sharing here are the "before" pictures from the initial ad posted on Facebook Marketplace almost a year ago. That's when I first saw this old lady and shared here on the CABE. Again she's been through a couple of CABErs before we acquired her earlier in the spring.

08a before.jpg

08b after.jpg

08c before.jpg

08ca after.jpg

08e before.jpg

08ea after.jpg

The chainguard was moved back so it snugs the front sprocket more. Better.

08g before.jpg

Anyone out there with a Cleveland green and yellow license tag? Looking for one.

08ga before.jpg

08i before.jpg

08ia before.jpg

08k before.jpg

08ka before.jpg

She's not totally done with the detail cleanup just yet. I'll break down the wheels, remove the surface rust, and get those cleaned up looking like the rest of the bike. Maybe even setup the Delta Hornlite too. Then she'll be done. Just needed her ready for the SF gathering last weekend.

Last edited:
Beautiful work Eddie! Mercedes must be stoked to have this beauty cleaned up and ready to go.

Beautiful work Eddie! Mercedes must be stoked to have this beauty cleaned up and ready to go.
Thank you Todd @srfndoc. Appreciate this. She is, just needs to get used to the way this old lady rides. She keeps stating that the bars are so narrow.

When Tony @The Hat offered Carlisle snake belly tires for this old lady, I had to use them for her first vintage ride, Rolling Relics in San Francisco. Gave her that extra killer look I thought. Used HD thorn proof tubes front and back as an extra precaution for the ride. A few pics of the green lady Colson from that day.

09 Arrow.jpg

09 Museum of Fine Arts.jpg

09 Tunnel Park.jpg

09 Warming Hut.jpg

09d Arrow.jpg

We were at the Warming Hut, base camp, for the Golden Gate crossing. I was talking to Chris, @slick, and mentioned the tires specifically how the front was holding up. The back snake belly tire was doing okay, but you can see a little bit of the tread was coming off the front. Still no problem riding back to where we began.

Fast forward to yesterday when we went out to do an errand mid-morning. As we were riding to the supermarket, my wife says, “Something isn’t right. I’m feeling a bump occasionally.” “I’ll take her for a ride while you’re shopping.” I told her. Something was wrong for sure. I look down on her front tire, and the tire is totally shot. We gingerly ride the bike and made it home safely.

This snake belly is done.jpg

Did I push it….probably. Just wanted these awesome looking tires on her first vintage bike ride. Maybe I should have kept the tire as a display only. I’m sad that this one Carlisle snake belly will now be a wall hanger.

Last edited:
Since the front tire mishap, might of as well get this one thing done. I could have kept the as is look of these triple drops but decided to go through them anyway to finish what I started with the rest of the bike. All laced up and trued thanks to our friend Gary Quail of Santa Cruz.

09a Cleaning up the tripple drops.jpg

Front wheel broken down. Plenty of rust on wheels, spokes, and nibs.

09b Cleaning up the tripple drops.jpg

Using Rustoleum Rust Resolver gel spray...

09c Cleaning up the tripple drops.jpg

...this stuff worked fantastic. Great results.

09d Cleaning up the tripple drops.jpg

Before cleaning...

09e Wheel parts cleaned.jpg

...after

09f Cleaning up the tripple drops.jpg

Because of the lesser condition, this front hoop is now on the back wheel.

09g Wheel parts cleaned.jpg

Front wheel

09h Cleaning up the tripple drops.jpg

Rear wheel broke down...

09i Wheel parts cleaned.jpg

...and cleaned

09j Cleaning up the tripple drops.jpg

Before...

09k Wheel parts cleaned.jpg

...after

09l Cleaning up the tripple drops.jpg

Before...

09m Wheel parts cleaned.jpg

...after

09n Wheel parts cleaned.jpg

NOS Carlisle Lightning Darts, thanks to @my560sec, to match the tires on our '36 Colson DBR. Thank you Ed.

27 This old girl is done.jpg

To get the Delta Hornlite working will be next thing to do, but that's well down the road. For now she's good.

Last edited:
Back