When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

36 hawthorne seat post

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
how to remove seat post from a 36/37 hawthorne silver/aluminum frame?i dont see a clamp bolt

92886784_10160400078946840_8709015248931127296_o.jpg

Hola hi! Mine SK have the same system that the other fellow caber mentioned! The quill seat post works as same as the handlebar post! Loose the seat then loose the top bolt!! Recommend use PB blaster/ WD40 before trying! To prevent damage!! Good luck

I've had a couple of stuck handlebar stems lately and I've found that I can usually get the wedge out by taking the stem out rethreading the bolt back into the wedge. Then I put a body puller slide hammer on the head of the bolt and give it a couple of good shocks with the hammer and the wedge breaks loose and slides out. Use a brass brush wheel on grinder motor and brush the wedge till all the rust is gone. Same method for getting rust off a seat post. Breaking the rust bond on a seat post can be overcome with my 18" pipe wrench.

If you can get the top part of the post out of the seat tube, you might be able to retread the bolt into the wedge and figure out a way to apply some quick shock force to it and break it the post loose. Steady pressure doesn't work, it needs to be shocked loose.

Back