When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

36 Hawthorne x 2

-

Goldslinger

Finally riding a big boys bike

This bike just about got me killed.. by my wife. We went to Butler swap meet and on the sort of way home ,we picked this girls Hawthorne up. I drove about 40 miles of bad county road out of my way in a blizzard. The roads weren’t plowed. She was yelling and telling me that I was going to get us killed. I really thought I was going to be divorced by the time I got there. Gave the guy 50 bucks threw it in the car and headed 3 hours of pure torture home. After getting home I was pleasantly surprised by this old girl.
After seeing the collet seat clamp I realized I have a mate to my boys 36 Hawthorne. Maybe a good parts donor. Below is also the serial #

Last edited:
Kickstand and locking fork and sliding rail saddle too? Oh man that might have just been worth it.oh never mind... That's your boys bike :) still a nice lady with a dropstand.

A fun trip and a cool bike, that's my kind of adventure ( except for the yelling ), to bad no lock on the girls, as far as the kickstand, an option at the time, side stands were new and they were still figuring them out. a couple of pics of my long time project 36-7.
1643349790690.png
1643349938838.png

Last edited:
Sweet project. Ours look very similar in condition. I am trying to find a tank . But I wasn’t sure what to look for. Now I know what to keep my eye out for.

Back