When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

36 Roadmaster

-
I don't think the shroud tank can be made of fiberglass. It's not your typical clam shell type tank with two halves.

You might have to make Gabor an offer that he can't resist. These tanks are very scarce and almost never come up for sale without the bike. Pricey $$$$ when they do.

Looks like you need some triple step rims and a paisley chain guard as well.

Very nice bike you have. I dig the camel back look.

My original paint early production 36 example below. Snub nose fender and non riveted braces.

Last edited:
I don't think the shroud tank can be made of fiberglass. It's not your typical clam shell type tank with two halves.

You might have to make Gabor an offer that he can't resist. These tanks are very scarce and almost never come up for sale without the bike. Pricey $$$$ when they do.

Looks like you need some triple step rims and a paisley chain guard as well.

Very nice bike you have. I dig the camel back look.

My original paint early production 36 example below. Snub nose fender and non riveted braces.
View attachment 1417067
Beautiful bike you have!

Does the 1936 catalog pictures look like the artist’s artwork shows a sprocket with an intermediate size swirl cut-outs (those closer to the center), larger than the actual bicycle examples shown, but smaller than the later and more common design?

Back