When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'36 Schwinn Double (curved) Bar Roadster

-
Got a couple of items to complete this old girl. First was an appropriate Schwinn script glass reflector given to me from our friend, @mr.cycleplane. Yeah, it’s cracked and terrible looking, but it works on “Cochina”. Thank you Tyler. But the prize item just came recently. When @rustyjones bought the bike, the PO stated this ‘36 had an Excelsior badge originally. So Paul added an Excelsior shield badge. Cool. But then I saw the shadow of the original shaped badge. That shape I did not recognize. Asked Tyler, and said it is a footed Schwinn badge. So my hunt began for one. Of course a few CABErs helped in my search. There was one that I had a chance of getting, but I waited too long and it was already gone; there was a reason why. Well, this came recently, and I’m so stoked. I had asked a while ago, and @bobcycles surprised me with this. And it wasn’t just a footed Schwinn badge; it’s an Excelsior footed badge. What….my #1 choice; never thought I would find a footed Excelsior. Condition too matches very well, not perfect just like “Cochina”. Very thrilled to have this badge. So a big thank you to Mr. U.

With her now original shape footed badge, this ’36 Schwinn Double (curved) Bar Roadster LBA67 project I would say is now complete.

77 Schwinn script glass fender reflector.jpg

Pretty bad I know but it's a Schwinn scripted glass.

77a Schwinn script glass fender reflector.jpg

78 Schwinn footed Excelsior badge.jpg

78a original badge shadow.jpg

My first time realizing this badge shape.

78b Schwinn shield Excelsior badge.jpg

Image courtesy of @rustyjones

78c Excelsior badged mounted.jpg

Killer. I dig this look.

Thanks for letting me share Cochina's story here on the CABE. Eddie

Last edited:
If you haven't already, soak that key cylinder in Mineral Spirits or good solvent and clean out all that WaterDisplacement-40 and gunk.

I like to use Aerokroil, a bit pricey, but it's good stuff!!

Back