When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

37 admiral klunk

-

dirt rider

'Lil Knee Scuffer
well i figured this is the place for my new klunker bike .i need to shorten the fork about 1 1/2 inches and modify/replace the chain stays for tire clearance , i might as well shorten up the wheelbase a bit while cutting and welding on her . im starting this weekend so i will post pics of the progress
IMG_3889.JPG
IMG_3890.JPG

I've been toying with the idea of putting 27.5 's onto a frame myself. Like the look, interested to see where you take this. Keep us posted please.

Cool. Can you show how tight the rear tire is now?

I've thought about this conversion lately too. I was thinking of having the rear dropouts replaced with paragon units to get a bit more length to clear the 650b. I think a stock truss fork will clear the 650b up front.

this bike is a 62 panther3 and is on 27.5x2.10s rides great with no frame mods for wheel/tire clearance. i did replace the 20.6 seatpost with a 27.2 thou. the fork is from a late model repop its tubing not solid and hasnt folded.....yet.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Cool. Can you show how tight the rear tire is now?

I've thought about this conversion lately too. I was thinking of having the rear dropouts replaced with paragon units to get a bit more length to clear the 650b. I think a stock truss fork will clear the 650b up front.
the truss will clear a 2.10 but the new bike is running 2.8s and they wont fit . your LBS can order a suspension corrected 26" fork that will correct the tire prob.

I would have never thought you could fit 27.5s on a prewar frame, I might have to try this out on my klunker someday

Back