When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'37 C model custom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

RustyHornet

I live for the CABE
Picked up this c model with the idea it was going to be a stripped down cruiser when I got done with it.

2BD10DA0E7484973BB80534F7356AE52_zpsrykj-1.jpg

I went back and forth on what to actually do with it. I had purchased a prewar Fleet badged ladies bike specifically to use the parts on this very frame, even before I bought the c model... Figured I would just throw the parts on it and ride it. That's exactly what I did for a couple weeks.

3D12F4647CF242CF8110D181D476741D_zpsaoq8-1.jpg

I wasn't totally happy with the way it road and the fact that there was no salvageable original paint. So my mind started working (oh boy).

I decided to blast the frame and spray a satin clear coat on it. Came out really well.

0F5BC14B3AA74502941FFEB35D6DB15B_zpsfyy9-1.jpg

It was at this point my plan totally changed. I started to hang the skip tooth parts back on and realized, man these bare frames are really light! Would be a shame to hang on heavy steel components. Now this is totally unlike me...

Headbadge was completely corroded. I like the bare brass look.

66C5D824DBB94959872FDFB9D2E32C80_zpsvvqa-1.jpg

I had purchased this 3 piece crank set for another project, but realized the gearing isn't going to work. Much lighter than the steel stuff!

263504F516B64962BD1BDCE469C550FB_zps0fag-1.jpg

Well the original fork wasn't going to go with the new plan and different bars were a must. Bars are Honda dirt bike.

7D40153887B4408686ECA07013F16B1E_zpsmqjx-1.jpg

Had some black Fat Frank's waiting and found a cheap Weinmann alloy wheelset with Shimano coaster hub. The blues don't match as I had hoped, but oh well it's a rider not a showbike.

62AE8B9046744ED685CBD10CE96CA567_zpskwbk-1.jpg

Pretty much done at this point. Too dark outside to get any good pictures. But I did ride it down the driveway and the street a little. It's quick, nimble, light, handles really well and brakes awesome. Came in at 30 lbs. The wide bars are awesome. I love it, it's exactly what I had in mind and more. Gonna make a nice cruiser to throw in the back of a truck, trunk, backseat and not worry about it. May throw some knobby tires on and go play in the dirt some too.

Jon

That thing came out great! Very similar to what I had in mind for an extra straightbar frame I have lying around. Now I wanna get started on it! Thanks for the inspiration:cool:

Thanks! I've had the basic idea of a restomod like this in my head for awhile, but just didn't have the right frame and parts to make it happen. Well I got tired of waiting.... Bikes like this are just fun.

Jon

That thing came out great! Very similar to what I had in mind for an extra straightbar frame I have lying around. Now I wanna get started on it! Thanks for the inspiration:cool:

Like Mike said thanks for the inspiration and great ideas . I like that "throw it in the back of the truck idea."
I have a pick-up truck and have never had it cross my mind to take a bike somewhere else to ride until I read this post tonight.Gets a little boring driving around the same place every day.

I wanted to do that with my 36 model c but the seat tube is broke off at the top and i need to get it fixed first. Your bike came out really nice. Bet its a blast to ride!

Like Mike said thanks for the inspiration and great ideas . I like that "throw it in the back of the truck idea."
I have a pick-up truck and have never had it cross my mind to take a bike somewhere else to ride until I read this post tonight.Gets a little boring driving around the same place every day.

Living out of the city limits a little ways, if I want to ride in something other than country roads, this is a must. Fortunate to have some really nice path trails around here through the city.

Thanks for the compliments, I love my fully loaded tank bikes as much as anyone, but a simple light bike is just as much fun.

Jon

Finally got some time while the sun was still out to get some pictures. Rides smooth and is really quiet! I will need a longer seat post.... This one is maxed out and I felt a little cramped.

659B3A97606147729A583064159BFB30_zpskw6w-1.jpg

D15C9031B7A84150A5B52305CF18ADB3_zps2ixp-1.jpg

Will take a little time to get use to its handling characteristics.

Jon

Finally got some time while the sun was still out to get some pictures. Rides smooth and is really quiet! I will need a longer seat post.... This one is maxed out and I felt a little cramped.

659B3A97606147729A583064159BFB30_zpskw6w-1.jpg

D15C9031B7A84150A5B52305CF18ADB3_zps2ixp-1.jpg

Will take a little time to get use to its handling characteristics.

Jon

Hi Jon I really like how your bike came out. I did something very similar with 38 Colson sometime last year. This is how she came out with the bare metal/brass look.
image.jpg
. Enjoy your bike Monarky

Back