When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

37 Colson Imperial for SALE &/or PARTIAL PART OUT stand, rack, light, fenders & more!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Luckykat32

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Okay, the ONLY reason I'm selling this is to get into another bike, otherwise I would definately keep it because I love this time period in general, its the same year as my 4 door Plymouth & it screams art deco.

I've been told by a few long-time collectors that there are only 8-10 known complete originals left...so this one is rare & those collectors valued this bicycle at $2k-$2500...I'm just looking to get what I have into it, so I will not be gaining any profit from this bicycle:

-I added & patina'd the correct peak/gothic fenders
-Art Deco White Delta Tail light
-added crossbar, but correct size & patina
-original 40s Goodyear All Weathers in good, ridable condition
-Optional front handbrake (Schwinn: $300 value) needs repacked bearings, but rolls fine
-Correct Colson dropstand & clip
-Repro, Correct Slat & Tube rack (slats need to be rivited to rack, but still stays in place)
-Original coke bottle grips with initials carved in!
-Original Art Deco Teardrop pedals w/ reflector

The only thing this bike is missing to make it 100% original is the horn light. I have a friend that I can get a horn light from, for his asking price of $250, if you're interested (only if you buy the bike).

WHOLE BIKE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SEE in the Picture: $1299.99

Here is the break down of pricing (don't ask me to sell anything else individually because I don't want to split up an original bike:(

-Frame, Tank, Crank, Handlebars/Neck, Seat/post, Fork, Rims (spokeless), 40s Tires, Rounded Chrome Rims (not pictured) $849.99
-Frame, Tank, Crank, Handlebars/Neck, Seat/post, Fork, Rims (w/ spokes), Schwinn Front Hand Brake, 40s Tires, Rounded Chrome Rims (not pictured) $999.99 (BIKE WILL BE RIDABLE SOLD LIKE THIS)

-If you want to add individual parts to the above prices, it'll be cheaper than buying them individually...just let me know.

The INDIVIDUAL PARTS THAT ARE FOR SALE ARE:

-Delta Art Deco Tail Light $149.99
-Original Art Deco Teardrop Pedals $49.99
-Colson Peaked/Gothic Fenders $149.99
-Schwinn Front Hand Brake (includes all parts & cable) $299.99
-Colson Dropstand & clip $99.99
-Slat & Tube repro rack $149.99
-Original 30s/40s Goodyear All Weather 26x2.125 tires (ridable) $49.99
-Prewar/30s aftermarket Art Deco Winged Chain Guard $49.99

Click below for lots of pictures:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZNmLVi5ZN2LU-A

I will consider partial trades, but I'm not looking for any projects, only motorbike tankers, prewar accessories, and 26" straightbar truss rods

PM me if you have any questions.

ry3D400-11.jpg

ry3D400-1.jpg

ry3D400-2.jpg

Brake

I'd be interested in the brake cable and handle if Greens only wants the brake.

What do you want for tank?

What do you want for the tank, frame and stem and handlebars?

Seeing an extra third white painted dart under the tank frame bar and no screw on front tank strap to me indicates the tank is not original to the bike or that frame, it was added, but it does look good! That is typically how it works with Colson.

Colson

fatbike I'm sure you are correct. The 1937 Imperial had the waterfall headbadge, this frame has a headbadge on the steering tube.

I disagree...not ALL 37s had waterfall badges...

Also, what screws are you talking about?

If you read the post, it tells you what I'll sell together & what I won't...

ERROR FIX:

1)-Frame, Tank, Crank, Handlebars/Neck, Seat/post, Fork, Rims (spokeless), 40s Tires, Rounded Chrome Rims (not pictured) $849.99
2)-Frame, Tank, Crank, Handlebars/Neck, Seat/post, Fork, Rims (w/ spokes), Schwinn Front Hand Brake, 40s Tires, Rounded Chrome Rims (not pictured) $999.99

The word RIMS is supposed to be FENDERS.

Also, without the tires I'll give $50 off the above PRICES...so $799.99 for the top #1 & $899.99 for the bottom #2

Strap tank screw

On the front tank strap closest to the headtube there would most likely be a headbadge type screw on the top of the tank strap and underneath the strap on the frame would be a hole on top if the frame the size of a headbadge screw. It was there to keep the hanging tank from moving. Not all 37s have a waterfall fork "true", only the new and top models would typically the ones that called for a WF badge " Imperial" models. There are 37s with a waterfall fork with a headtube badge with out a WF badge " true". These bikes are over 70+ years old and they are what they are. Thank you Luckykat I will keep your predetermined package deal in mind and think about it. You have some good parts. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back