When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

37 Colson

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ozzmonaut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
This is going to be my winter project. The pics are actually the ones from when Slick had it for sale. I'll post pics of the parts i had around for this thing later as well as progress pics.
colson project 2.jpg
colson project 1.jpg

I removed the headbadge, which was only held on by silicon. The areas that look like a faded white are actually the remains of a mint-green or aqua color. It was an early repaint, but I like the color combo and I'm thinking I might stick with it. I'm still looking at original pics of Colsons to try to figure it out though.

Cool! Ive got a 39 Colson frame that Im going to build up (as a basic model). What does your headbadge look like? Mine has a Simmons Banner badge, love it. Ill be watching to see what you end up doing!

It is the waterfall headbadge setup, but the bike had headbadge screw holes in it and an outline of that exact style Colson Vogue badge so I threw it on there. I was out of screws, hence the silicone. Buff that paint out with 000 grade steel wool with some 3m rubbing compound and it will come back. I'm doing 3 different OG paint bikes right now and you would be extremely surprised at how nice it will come out. It even removes most of the rust! Use the standard grade 3m #05974, not the super duty. It's way too course. the black style compound for the foam pad might work also but it's a lot milder. Afterwards I go over with a wax to reseal the paint from the elements. It's time consuming but well worth bringing the paint back!

Need anything from this? its a 37-38 fork and truss rods/rack/ headbadge and screws are sold everything else is for sale rims are rusty and thin in some spots though.

Attachments

• DSC00096.jpg
    DSC00096.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC00098.jpg
    DSC00098.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC00099.jpg
    DSC00099.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC00097.jpg
    DSC00097.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 143
It is the waterfall headbadge setup, but the bike had headbadge screw holes in it and an outline of that exact style Colson Vogue badge so I threw it on there. I was out of screws, hence the silicone. Buff that paint out with 000 grade steel wool with some 3m rubbing compound and it will come back. I'm doing 3 different OG paint bikes right now and you would be extremely surprised at how nice it will come out. It even removes most of the rust! Use the standard grade 3m #05974, not the super duty. It's way too course. the black style compound for the foam pad might work also but it's a lot milder. Afterwards I go over with a wax to reseal the paint from the elements. It's time consuming but well worth bringing the paint back!

Some of them used both a waterfall, and a regular badge at the same time.

Some of them used both a waterfall, and a regular badge at the same time.

Catfish

There is still questions whether that was the case use of a head badge and WF badge at the same time, gosh who really knows. It is a lot harder to find a frame without any head badge screws that was probably only WF badge on it then not. I've only had two frames out of well a lot in my time in collecting Colson with head tube untapped for nameplate a 37 tall frame double bar frame and the original 37 Imperial I currently own and recently acquired. I wish the original WF was on the bike still "dang". All Colson's during the period of 37-38 used the same fork to accommodate a WF badge as a standard regardless of having one.

Last edited:
Back