When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

37 Colson

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
ozzmoanut have you dated the frame by its serial numbers?

I was looking at your front fork closely and noticed the crown of the fork is round I believe and it looks like a "36 characteristic" and not peaked like on 38-39 but with the 37-38 truss plate. To me it seems the frame could be later then a 37 perhaps 38 or 39 because of the combination with the fork and how on lesser models always used previous years to build lower end models. That is a neat frame set.

Derek

Last edited:
I'm not absolutely sure on the age or originality of the frame/fork set ... or anything else really. The paint on the frame appears to have been original. I thought it was a repaint, but if so it was done extremely well as far as the spikes towards the front of the frame. They are exact, even down to the flat spots in between the spikes. But, bad news to all. I have sanded, primed, and begun repainting.
SANY0703.jpg
SANY0695.jpg
SANY0701.jpg
SANY0702.jpg

The fenders are a schwinn set. Good eye! They were ladies fenders from a project I bought to fix for my girlfriend. But she's more into mens bikes. So I stole the fenders for this. I filled the holes and beat out some dents on them. However I think I might switch up and use some peaked fenders I have laying around. Still in the air.

You can post the serial number under the crank housing plus the two extra digits below or above it like K1 as an example if any and you will soon know what year it is by one of us here on The Cabe. I might not be able to catch the post soon enough to help but your welcome to PM me for a quicker response if you need it. I tend to forget and not keep track of what I personally responded to like A.D.D. I know Colson's pretty well, a little more than a learning curve, I think. Ha! Who the heck knows everything about bikes before any us of were born 70+years ago right? But still a fun hobby!

Derek

Last edited:
I've been working on the fenders. I decided on gloss black instead of flat. Also I couldn't find a decent badge. I took this piece of stamped brass and cut it and drilled a couple of holes. It doesn't say Colson on it but it's really cool.
SANY0708.jpg
SANY0710.jpg
SANY0704.jpg
SANY0705.jpg

The frame is done. I still have to give it a polish. I'm working on a chainguard now for this bike. Not original but a similar look. I'm not sure if it's for a colson. It may be for a columbia or something else but it looks similar enough for me to use.

Back