When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

37 Elgin Oriole parts needed

-

CWCMAN

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Elgin Oriole.jpg
I am looking for the correct truss rods and bracket as well as the rack which was typically used on the Westfield built Elgin Oriole.

Pictures are for rack and truss rod reference only. It is not my bike.

If you can help out, please respond on this thread or email [email protected] for a faster response.....PayPal standing by..
Elgin Oriole #2.jpg

Yes

Both styles were used and available through the Sears catalog, and I have a picture of an all original Oriole with the other style rack as well. I guess it could be a topic of debate

That's the accy Sears/Elgin rack, anyone have cat's or ad's showing stock on a bike?
"Should" have a glass Wald reflector.
jpromo: could we see a close-up of how the rack attaches at seatpost bolt on your Murray Oriole please?

My Oriole is a Westfield built...

Cool, the pic I posted might help then. Pretty much everything is the same as any Westfield built bike of the same year, except the fenders and chainring. The bike(s) I had and others I've seen had a smooth front hub with Alemite fitting, not a finned "air cooled".

photo 2 (2).JPG
This picture was taken from the Nov/Dec issue of CBN 2012
Bike is said to be all original and it does have the rack in question and the one that I am seeking to buy. I guess both were available and offered through the Sears catalog during this era.
photo 1 (2).JPG

Back