When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'37 Indian, '74 and '42 HD

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Upchuck79

Finally riding a big boys bike
Emptying a time capsule garage with 4 cars, six motorcycles, bikes and assorted parts.
Unsure when these last were started and run? Both appear complete and original.
Searching for the "time".
64790466572__86B0A96A-C7AA-43A9-BCA5-85319BDE98D0.jpg

Nice find. So, is that a '41 Chief with a '37 motor, or a frankenbike put together long ago? Looks like it has '41 only tanks. Good one to get running and beat around on as is.

Nice find. So, is that a '41 Chief with a '37 motor, or a frankenbike put together long ago? Looks like it has '41 only tanks. Good one to get running and beat around on as is.
Thanks for the clue - I'll have to scout around for the stampings and report back what I find. Appreciate any guidance here as I am new to the old bikes!

the Indian appears to have a 80" engine in it, or at least it has a 80" primary cover on it with the compensating spring pocket.. what the serial number on the engine ?

You nailed it Dan Fitz - the Vin on the Indian is CDA-1701B - it is a '41 Chief.

You nailed it Dan Fitz - the Vin on the Indian is CDA-1701B - it is a '41 Chief.
Hopefully it has the correct matching frame number 3411701, but not the end of the world if it doesn't. Great one to make safe and reliable and ride as is. Beats having a restored bike.

Back