When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

37 Iver value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sqrly

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I just acquired this 1937 Iver Johnson, that has been very nicely restored. All chrome replated, 28x1.5 single tubes on metal clad rims, paint heavily touched up and cleared. For the paint, they saved the original decal areas and blended fresh red around the decals, repainted the white. Very nicely done. Looks absolutely beautiful.
Model 87-M 18" frame

I would like to know what it is worth.
Is the faux wood on the metal clad rims correct?
Is the handlebar correct? I cant find an Iver stamp but have not looked under the stem clamp.
What is it missing?

DSC_5762-1.jpg

DSC_5764-1.jpg

DSC_5766-1.jpg

DSC_5767-1.jpg

DSC_5769-1.jpg

DSC_5770-1.jpg

DSC_5774-1.jpg

DSC_5778-1.jpg

DSC_5779-1.jpg

DSC_5781-1.jpg

(can't help myself.....)

If you don't have one, I sell "Fishing licenses"...................................I think it is worth 5 Large mouths, 6 Crappie, 2 Northern's, and a Tiger Musky.

I'm not looking for pan fish, I AM deep sea fishing, but not in the "for sale section".

No comparable Iver has sold on Ebay in the last three or six months (whatever the "sold listings" shows) so I have no idea. I am pretty confidant it is worth more than the 68 cents I paid, but sadly, will probably be less than the 4.7 million dollars I would like to have.

About the fishing, I see others in this section asking value and getting replys all the time. So while swiming around my hook, I would like to know what range it is worth as shown and what I could do to make it worth more?

I saw a catalog page showing a rack, rear reflector and headlight that I dont have.

Also, I have decided that I want to keep it for myself, but still want to know what I have if my mind ever changes.

P.S. I know your just giving me a hard time Brian, no harm no foul.

Zero replies

The last three times I have asked for values on bikes I have gotten ZERO replies ...... OH did I say zero!
I bought 6 bikes as a lot and had plans to flip the bikes the following weekend at a show, but had no idea what some of the bikes might be worth individually. I just wanted a general idea before I went to the show of what to list the bikes at hell I don't want to run people off with high prices. but at the same time I wanted to try to maximize profit. I picked the bikes up on Tuesday, got home on Wednesday and the show was on Saturday. Words of advise..... If it's not something terribly rare and for sale. your fishing in a dried up pond and without a hook around here.

Last edited:
Here is a whole new can of worms :p
but don't expect to put them on any hooks.

Like you, I bought it to flip, but have decided to keep it because it is rideable and non of my other bikes are rideable. But I still would like to know the value.

BTW, thanks for the worms, they are tasty since I caught no fish.

Like you, I bought it to flip, but have decided to keep it because it is rideable and non of my other bikes are rideable. But I still would like to know the value.

BTW, thanks for the worms, they are tasty since I caught no fish.

There are a few comparable bikes owned by CABE members. Just search for them, then privately PM the owners for advice if you truly want to know. That's what I'd do. It seems when people provide what it's worth publicly it does open a can of worms about lowballing particularly when the low baller is looking to buy it. Also lot's of swaps and auctions this weekend so just be patient.

Beautiful bike by the way and these seem to be fairly rare.

Too new for me but have to say it is a handsome bike.
Probably worth around $1,200.00.
Just my lone opinion.

As we all know.......any bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay. This is a top notch resto, more that I would do as I like to keep some parts original if I can. Maybe this was a basket case and a complete overhaul was needed, but I'll bet whoever did it, paid some big bucks to do it. Like old cars and I've restored a couple along with bikes, we can never expect to get our money back....good luck with that! On 5the BAY this could sell for a lot.....a guess......up to $2000 or more......or it could sit without a bid. Past auction prices on similar bikes MIGHT be a clue, but not a set price or a guarantee. It’s the nature of the hobby. So……..asking anyone, even the old timers here about a price idea and you’ll probably get quotes all over the board. We would all like to hear “ why that bike is worth $6000 or maybe even $10,000” But……I’m a tight wad and I’d say “ It’s worth around $1100” and then I’d offer to buy it! :p

Spit it out......what did you pay for it? :confused:

Last edited:
Back