When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

37 or 38 Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

30thtbird

Finally riding a big boys bike
I recently picked up a prewar Goodrich badged mans Schwinn. Pictures a forth coming. The bike is complete with springer and cyclelock, feather guard, long spring saddle, duck tail fenders front and rear, crossbar handle bars, and sweetheart skip tooth.
I pulled the crank shaft and it said 37. The knee action springer disn't come out until 38. So, would that mean it's an early 38? From reading a catalog page the Springer and cyclelock was optional. Is that so? The serial number is small type and almost until readable. Didn't see a letter at the beginning.

20171001_183401.jpg

20171001_183409.jpg

20171001_183453.jpg

20171001_183445.jpg

I recently picked up a prewar Goodrich badged mans Schwinn. Pictures a forth coming. The bike is complete with springer and cyclelock, feather guard, long spring saddle, duck tail fenders front and rear, crossbar handle bars, and sweetheart skip tooth.
I pulled the crank shaft and it said 37. The knee action springer disn't come out until 38. So, would that mean it's an early 38? From reading a catalog page the Springer and cyclelock was optional. Is that so? The serial number is small type and almost until readable. Didn't see a letter at the beginning.

View attachment 687646

View attachment 687647

View attachment 687648

View attachment 687649
Oh, forgot. Appears to be blue and cream in color. What exactly would be the model number.

I would guess it's a 38 BA97, 18" frame, with the info and pics provided. Springer forks were an option and some later models had them as standard equipment.

Oh, forgot. Appears to be blue and cream in color. What exactly would be the model number.
If you post the ser# I can look it up. I have a couple '38's seemingly produced in later '37. One mens, one womans. Both start with "T" ser#'s. Both have some attributes of '37's but also distinct known '38 features (tank mount bracket location). Have had two '38 "Z's" as well. See ser# under crank housing.

Back