When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

37 Rollfast back in action with the help of 39 Ladies donor bike

-

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!

I was able to get this old gal on the road again by adding wheels, fenders, crank, head light and rack from a black ladies model. Even though not correct, it is nice to have this tank riding the streets after being damaged many years ago. The frame was bent, the rack and rear wheel trashed and it was basemented for years.

I will be looking for a better set of stainless fenders, rear stand, longer guard and rack to give this a more original look. Here is what it looked like when I took it of my rack:

I was able to mimic the SS trim by using 1967 VW Beetle door trim. It is aluminum and too thick, but close. The fork trim is way thinner and this is not a good match.

If you are Joe or Kenn... this may have been your bike. I heard it lived in Southern Connecticut it whole life.

If I am wrong about my guesses or if you know what the model is, I would love to know.

The doner bike is going into storage with some of the original boys parts on her.

It took me a while to realize that there are "R"s on the sprocket.

Thanks for looking!

Back