When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold '37 Silver King. Repaired frame, custom build

-
Price
$700
Zipcode

erm799

Look Ma, No Hands!
I picked this frame up on CL a few years ago but realized it had an ugly repair near the BB (see pic). Between that and some other cosmetic issues, I figured it would be a good opportunity to do a custom build to display, rather than try to restore it.
I used Bel Geddes' streamline aluminum busses as inspiration and installed some ducktail fenders, high profile front hub, deep-section hoops, a reconfigured Airflow chainguard, too much money in chrome hardware, and stripped Lobdell seat. Tried to make this thing as shiny and sleek as possible.

I'm happy with how it turned out but I know I'll never ride it and I don't have room to show it off right now. If anybody digs it enough to trade, let me know. I'd be looking for a new project bike/frame and I love the weird ones.
Thanks!

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

That's a beauty. I've always wanted to add one to my collection. I'm in the North Bay/ Marin area and I've got 15 Cruisers to negotiate a trade with if you're curious.

would you be interested in selling just the frame/fork with headset and seatpost? don't need wheels, crankset/bottom bracket or saddle.

no idea! i was looking to see if you had a figure in mind, but no worries if you'd prefer not to sell. no lack of projects to keep me busy!

Back