When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

38-39 Hiawatha Arrow Help Please!

-
I’m not a Shelby expert but here are my thoughts. The serial would seem to indicate 1938 but I would expect to see the curved down tube with the Arrow. I believe the seat is original to that bike although a lot of people restoring it would probably put a horizontal spring Lobdell on it. A piece of one of the original streamline pedals is there. These are not cheap or easy to find in decent condition although there are suitable repos available. The front fender isn't hard but with the curved braces expect to pay $150-200 for a nice one. The Indian head ornament is likely to be another $150. This bike was likely equipped with the big guard and that’s probably about $500. Like was mentioned the drop stand is specific to these bikes. A smoking bargain at $600. BTW I kinda like these big tank Shelby’s! V/r Shawn

View attachment 1490360

“ The front fender isn't hard but with the curved braces expect to pay $150-200 for a nice one. The Indian head ornament is likely to be another $150. This bike was likely equipped with the big guard and that’s probably about $500.”

Well, so much for that Shawn… 😉
I’m patient I’ll just keep searching. I’ve been kind of stalled looking for parts. I was able to pick up a fender ornament, thanks Rusty! I thought I had located a fender from PlasticNerd but he didn’t end up having a single, but that may end up leading to another project…🙄😉 And… I picked up 41 Western Flyer/Shelby over the weekend that I’ll start another thread on😁.
Shon

25B58DCE-B19E-47F9-AE9A-4037DC8EDAB9.jpeg

$2,025.00!! Holy moly Batman..

View attachment 1502933
Click to enlarge
Have one to sell? Sell now- Have one to sell?

Seller information​

forgotten-years (513 )
100% Positive feedback

ANTIQUE ORIGINAL PAINT SHELBY AIRFLOW BICYCLE FENDERS HEADBADGE REFLECTOR PLATE​

Condition: Used​

Ended:​

Oct 19, 2021 , 4:42PM
Winning bid:
US $2,025.00
[ 26 bids ]
Shipping:
$44.99 Standard Shipping | See details
Located in:
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

I may have to sell mine 🤔 🧐😲
Uh......I have a few sets of those fenders over here...attached to lady's Shelbys. I'll be converting my garage into a butcher shop pretty soon.

Can the braces be swapped out with the straight flat braces. I've got a front with those braces.on it.

I have thought about the exact same thing…
I just would hate to steal the braces off a repairable rear fender just because I need a front… Someone, maybe even me at some point is going to need that fender that got scraped. Now if it was a unsaveable fender I think it would be a great option. Or if anyone has curved braces from other projects in years past.
Shon

I restored one. Years ago.. it wasnt cheap and good orig parts are very hard to get.. save your bars. They have great value...If you think parts for your bike is expensive try a bluebird.. 😯😯....

Back