When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

38 Henderson Project

-
The Pope chainring and crank that came on the bike is a Westfield piece. The give that you described probably is just wear in the keyed double d section that holds the chainring to the crank.

Got the front fender on today. And was approved by the dog.
60979ACE-1B20-45C9-887C-3F5EF5BF836A.jpeg

0211E910-2C34-4F4F-8AF7-300DD479DA02.jpeg

Got a feather guard for it today and the decal. Was planning on aging it too make look like it belonged on the bike. Was wondering if anyone has any tips on aging chrome. Let me know thanks.

FF306EC8-8480-4E34-A9F2-B57E327B81B1.jpeg

Heres a updated picture of it from the summer. Many changes from since I found it but where its at now is most likely where it’ll stay except for swapping tires. Added a much more comfortable and correct sliding rail seat, torrington crossbars, stronger stem since the originals threads were bad and the repair was making me weary, painted featherguard and some black non dry rotted tires. Hundreds of miles later and it still rides great and is my favorite bike!

Last edited:
a light rub with scotchbrite would work. if you want some mild rust wash it with something acidic like a strong alloy wheel cleaner and leave to dry.

Back