When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

38 Motorbike on Ebay

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great looking bike. Chain guard is wrong though right?? Resto looks pretty darn nice. That hand brake seems awfully far from the grips to grab though? Are they all like that? As you can see, i'm not a schwinn guy but it's a beautiful bike nontheless for the price too.

Yea the chainguard regardless of year is wrong. If this is a '38 I believe it should also have the mushroom horn button in the bars. I was hoping someone might verify the frame/year of this bike. Like I said I think it may be earlier but was hoping someone might be able to pin it down with the frame/serial#. V/r Shawn

I am no expert, but... I believe Schwinn used this straight-down-tube frame style all the way to about 1940 on their discount priced and other branded offerings. But I think the integral-to-frame seat clamp must reveal something about this frame? Where ARE the Schwinn groupies?

Dave,
I've been all over it as well as Aarons site (Vintage Schwinn). BTW on the VS site you will see listed under '38 a bike similar to this although I'm almost certain it is a '36 just misidentified. I'm obviously interested in this bike but regardless of year I'm hunting a chainguard and kickstand. If it is a '36 then I'd have to get the correct seat, rack, and horn. But then the problem becomes the tank which I think may have been different starting in '37 (internal horn). V/r Shawn

from what i seen on the reference link. the frame is early 36',the rear fender is off a 1950's bike the rear should be flared. the front fender is 37-39 ?,the fenders braces should be flat to be 36'.the stem is wrong,should have a middle kick stand.the tank is a later 38'? if you notice the tank straps are set back. i am not really a schwinn afficionado,but that whats i get out of the bike.i still think the value is there.also check the nostalgic.net site for reference's

Last edited:
16" frame

I am no expert, but... I believe Schwinn used this straight-down-tube frame style all the way to about 1940 on their discount priced and other branded offerings. But I think the integral-to-frame seat clamp must reveal something about this frame? Where ARE the Schwinn groupies?

You are correct as to Schwinn using the straight down tube on later years on their lower end models.
As for the frame not having the seat tube above the frame, it's a 16" frame as opposed to the most common 18".
The tank is the later tank with the hanging straps moved towards the back.
Schwinn did use this style chain gaurd on there C models and possibly come BC models.

serial number?

This one is kinda throwing me. He has it listed as a '38 but I thought the straight downtube was earlier--'36? Regardless I don't think it should have a dropstand, those grips, and rack may be incorrect as well. Doe sthe fore brake look correct? Thoughts on this one? Serial is H43942. Thanks, Shawn

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150970500732?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Where did you get the serial number? I don't have any reference list to go by but I'm pretty sure a lot of 38's started with an X

Back