When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

38 Schwinn straight bar Deluxe?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Time to start work on CoronaV/project #6, a 38 I picked up a couple of weeks ago, no badge but standard 3 upper bump outline ( fits my Henderson or Excelsior badges ) not sure of color tells anything, black & orange ( faded red ), 37 dated crank & deluxe sprocket, AS razor stem, rims appear matching with Schwinn front hub ( what year did that start ) and 40 & up ND rear hub. It came with a 41 Deluxe guard but I have a og blk 3 wing for it. first thing tomorrow pulling out a couple of parts springers to try to complete this one to start. I have some og fenders but they are black & cream so maybe go rider/klunker for now.

Well good thing I got nothing but time now, thought completing the springer would be quick :mad:, needed one strut and a couple of AS bolts so pulled out 4 prewar parts springers that had 4 different versions of struts, different lengths and crimping ( good thing the one complete one is probably for a tall frame because it's girls size but black/red, so didn't take anything off that one, good for a future project! ) well out of the other 3 none were the same as this 38. looked at my 38 AutoCycle Deluxe Klunker as it has the same struts so don't know if the changed a little every year?, well found a set to work for now and didn't get to much else done today execpt digging up other possible parts like a perfectly matching set of springer fenders execpt they are black/cream, dang, got to dig up some different rims, the drop centers on it has a 40-up ND, and a Schwinn script front hub and I don't think they had those in 38, I have had them on 41's but don't know how much older?

Reactions: JLF
I think I’ve read a CABE thread where folks talked about a lot of black & red prewar Schwinns coming out of the Northwest (Seattle) area. Talk was that a dealer up there ordered them with those colors.
Maybe someone else who knows details can chime in.

Reactions: mrg
I give up!, worked for a whole day trying to use some vintage wheels, just trying to use what I already have and execpt wanted to use a set with ND 2 spd & large flange front brake but the are skiptooth and a real pain to switch cog on 2 spd. didn't even realize most of mine are skip execpt my deluxe Colsons ( Clipper & Bullnose ) are 1/2 in. pitch. put a cream set on just to see but they are for my Monark Speedster till I find a black set so just thru on a set of steel Araya just to ride. may move on to another project for now.

Back