When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

39-41 Sears Collegiate: My First Project!

-
BAD A looking ride!
cheers2.gif

In keeping with the theme of a crusty, refurbished rider, I decided to add a vintage headlight to the mix. Was able to get it cheaper than usual since someone in the past crudely hacked it up and made it a handlebar-mount. Cleaned off the rust, tried to soften the dents in the lens as much as possible and added a power source (2 AA's) and a toggle switch from HD. No more riding home in the dark! Thanks to @Krakatoa for having the necessary parts to help complete this bike!

IMG_1270[1].JPG

IMG_1271[1].JPG

Thank you @Balloonoob .

For about 6 months now, barring a few 0 - 15 degree snowy weather days, I have been riding this bike to and from campus, about 3 - 5 miles a day. It has saved my skin on multiple occasions and besides a pesky tire pressure being too low, it has ridden like a well oiled machine. I definitely recommend the Schwalbe Fat Franks as well as nice tubes. Biggest complaint is that the rear rim has a slight warp and I think it isn't riding as smooth as it should. Second complaint is on account of my behind. I think I'm going to make a simple seat cushion pad to save my rear. I've been lazy but I got some old saddle bags to attach to the rear carrier, and I need to give it a thorough cleaning and lubrication next chance I get. Here's to old bikes! Cheers! - All I need now is a 1946 Willy's Jeep and I will be complete.

Aperature_2_AlecBroughton.JPG

Back