When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

39-41 Sears Collegiate: My First Project!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
BAD A looking ride!
cheers2.gif

In keeping with the theme of a crusty, refurbished rider, I decided to add a vintage headlight to the mix. Was able to get it cheaper than usual since someone in the past crudely hacked it up and made it a handlebar-mount. Cleaned off the rust, tried to soften the dents in the lens as much as possible and added a power source (2 AA's) and a toggle switch from HD. No more riding home in the dark! Thanks to @Krakatoa for having the necessary parts to help complete this bike!

IMG_1270[1].JPG

IMG_1271[1].JPG

Thank you @Balloonoob .

For about 6 months now, barring a few 0 - 15 degree snowy weather days, I have been riding this bike to and from campus, about 3 - 5 miles a day. It has saved my skin on multiple occasions and besides a pesky tire pressure being too low, it has ridden like a well oiled machine. I definitely recommend the Schwalbe Fat Franks as well as nice tubes. Biggest complaint is that the rear rim has a slight warp and I think it isn't riding as smooth as it should. Second complaint is on account of my behind. I think I'm going to make a simple seat cushion pad to save my rear. I've been lazy but I got some old saddle bags to attach to the rear carrier, and I need to give it a thorough cleaning and lubrication next chance I get. Here's to old bikes! Cheers! - All I need now is a 1946 Willy's Jeep and I will be complete.

Aperature_2_AlecBroughton.JPG

Back