When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'39 Firestone Twinflex

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
...it sounds dirty ,but i love the long nipples...got them too on my dayton/national!
and the tires are also killer!!!!

Which route

I really think the route you should go , would be to sell it to me.:)

I've had this for a while and was somewhat undecided as to the route I wanted to take with it. Originally the bike was to be painted and then aged to look original but the more I thought about it the more I really wanted to go all the way with this one. The hard parts to a restoration (for me at least) are all of the soft parts. The seat was toast, no tires and no grips. I was able to get my hands on some NOS condition Firestone High Speed tires and my mind was made up.

I sent the seat to Josh McRell in San Diego who did an excellent job on the seat. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. I tracked down some grips in NOS condition and put them on a set of very nice original chrome 28" crossbrace bars. The wheels were built today after I found a distributor for the correct size double butted spokes.

I'm still looking for a tank and fenders but I plan on having the parts I have sandblasted early this summer so that I can start the paint process and get this bike on the road!

Here's the bike when I got it.
062211161930-1.jpg

Here was a second one I came across and robbed a few parts:
102911083943-1.jpg

And here is the bike today:
031212161628-1.jpg

Firestone High Speed tires on newly built wheels. Check out the spokes.:
031212161646-1.jpg

Here is a better shot of the seat that Josh did:
030712154443-1.jpg

Stamp:
030712154449-1.jpg

I asked Jason to put in a good word for me if he was happy with this seat that I restored for him.
Thanks so much for the praise and the pics that you posted.
The bike is lookin good.
JOSH

Are those double-butted spokes ?
Very nice before and after images!

Those are double butted and the butts (for lack of a better term) are very long, just like the original spokes on these old bikes. If anyone is interested, I can sell them or offer them on wheel builds.

Progress!

I took some time today and mocked up the bike. Fenders still need to be modified and then its off to the sandblaster.

9C8FD9FF5D224F1786CD672271B2E70C21313000-1.jpg

Back