When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

39 Hawthorne Twin Bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
One of the issues that was giving me heartburn was the fact that I had committed to the shifter being on the handlebars, and because the grip area is only 4 1/2" long, wouldn't allow for a grip to be used. I didn't want to use a wrap......
DSC_1336.JPG

So I got a couple of different shifters....The end shifter just didn't do it for me....The one on the right was thinner and I was hoping to get it around the crossbar without breaking it.....not sure I could have...grip wouldn't fit if I didn't..

DSC_13381.JPG

Well, as I was walking to go inside of the place re-spoking my expensive front wheel again, I
noticed some beach cruisers outside with twist shifters and it caught my eye. Behind the shifter was a shorter grip, with a longer one on the other side.......light bulb moment....they only had a set of odd colored ones there, so I went home and ordered some..

dsc_13371.JPG

WOW...I'm ready for fall. It's still too hot to work in the shop...it's 99....... and black tires it is....

DSC_1335.JPG

Rear wheel in.....
1538340707973.jpeg
Brake arm strapped down.......
1538340736911.jpeg
Chain on........
1538340753723.jpeg
Rack on............1538340707973.jpeg

Drop stand attached and working .....
1538340914133.png

I now know why alcohol was invented......so close. I will know next time.....luckily I have one that will fit into the catch just right...off to the plater tomorrow for a little Zinc plating.....

DSC_1337.JPG

You realize those handlebars make trouble for me! I hate it when I covet something someone else has!
The 11th Commandment.
"Thou shall not covet a fellow Caber's stuff."
Amen

Got the grips Wednesday afternoon and got everything installed on Thursday, Bike was done.....Was going to go to a Thurs. evening car show at a nearby watering hole. I checked all the nuts and bolts on it were tight and in place. Was checking the thumb shifter when snap, it broke. No problem, I'll get online and have 1 in a day or two..Nay,nay. 10 days to a week for one on most sites. What? Found one at this place.... BensCycle, Thursday morn about 9:32am PST. Ordered with expedited shipping with UPS, be here in a couple of days...I got up the next morning, checked my email and no tracking # yet....so I replied to the order confirmation asking about a tracking #...here is the response I got. (This also happened to me 2 weeks ago, but I forgot)
Bens.JPG

I think I will now remember that when you order anything that uses UPS for shipping, order on Monday-Wednesday....
Drew handled this very, very well and shipped it expedited USPS.....and refunded the difference in shipping. Couldn't be happier..I will go back to his site.
So, when the shifter arrives, I will put on my "Kid Gloves", and handle it accordingly. Final pictures to follow.....

Not quite sure what's up with the post office, but my shifter has been here since Saturday morning, hasn't been delivered. Why is it just sitting there, wherever "there" is. If it doesn't show up today, I'll have to track it down......:rage:

Capture.JPG

Back