When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

39 Hawthorne Twin Bar

-
And from the lyrics of “Henry The 8th” by Herman's Hermits
“Second verse same as the first”

Out at 830 this morn, got everything out & ready to go. Taped, mixed the paint, sprayed the rest of the pieces that needed it...Outside in the "Oven" to dry up, and back in the house @1030..
It's Friday, ready for the weekend...
DSC_1092.JPG

DSC_1093.JPG

DSC_1094.JPG

DSC_1097.JPG

DSC_1098.JPG

Does it affect the application of the paint?

Well, it doesn't affect the base colors, but it will probably effect the final coat. Since my object of this paint job is for it to be a single stage job, no clear, I can sand the base coats, but the final coat being semi transparent, sanding isn't an option. The upcoming heat wave is a reason the project will stop for now. I need the final coat to flow, it doesn't with this heat. The temps now and upcoming are going to be very high. The 10 day forecast doesn't look good. I have a weather station at my home, it's higher than the apps I have........
POOL TIME...

DSC_1100.JPG

Image-1 (002).jpg

To be continued.........................................................................................

Last edited:
UPDATE:
It's been brutal here lately....Yesterday was bad...
IMG_1390.PNG

The temps aren't great in the morning either.....these are for tomorrow...not much of a window.
IMG_1391 (003).PNG

I may have a cool day next week.....
IMG_1392 (003).PNG

Wednesday looks good..........ride on..

I have to chuckle... BKFD. I grew up in Visalia, but raced BMX in the 70’s in BKFD
Hot as hell. And if you wanted to hitchhike outta there...good luck finding a car that would pick you up before you died from the heat on blacktop!

Back