When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

39 Henderson Motorbike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ballooney

I live for the CABE
I’ve had this a while and just getting to it…let’s see where this will go.
43843C57-0D69-41CA-BD02-38338D2D4D25.jpeg

C53585FB-C63E-46B6-B3B7-D5AC926E1E61.jpeg

21DB9E9E-8FB3-4C42-9C58-4AB07B8766DB.jpeg

21BC575A-8043-44D1-9755-F89C7102647C.jpeg

Pulled the crank…ugh!!! Need to fix that. I’m looking for a 39 stamped crank for this project. PM me if you have one in 7 condition.
2979CAE9-6CED-4843-899D-CD11ABE6F7A9.jpeg

I couldn't get my BB together with those straight angled races. Course I suppose I did not have correct cups, just what I could get my hands on . Did the crank have any play on this bike?

I couldn't get my BB together with those straight angled races. Course I suppose I did not have correct cups, just what I could get my hands on . Did the crank have any play on this bike?
I spun the crank on the frame and it seemed fine but I never road this bike before breaking it down.

Smalls before dropping them into the clean tank (ultrasonic cleaner with 50/50 solution h2o/simple green)..
tempImageEFDuJU.jpg

and after a few minutes in the cleaner...
tempImageUq9knj.jpg

rusty bits soaking in evaporust...
tempImageIRw1Ap.jpg

Miller stand cleaned up nicely...
tempImageKtvb5G.jpg

Postwar reflector on the rack...
tempImagebQSjre.jpg

had to fix that...prewar on board...
tempImagerNBji4.jpg

All painted parts have been cleaned and detailed...need a few pieces before the build up can begin. Mainly a 39 crank...

My son rides this very same bike, and same color, but it has the Schwinn Excelsior logo and name plate.

I purchased it decades ago as an all O.E. paint, painted frame and all of the painted parts only. I took a girl's parts bike and built the Excelsior into a rider. Not sure why anyone would have stripped all of the parts off of an original, I'm sure it could tell a story.

Fun stuff

John

Sometimes it helps to hold the right bearing against the crank cone while installing. As opposed to putting the bearing into the cup and then installing the crank. Some are a tighter fit.

John

Back