When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'39 Monark 5 bar getting back together again.

-
I honestly love the bike.

Shawn, as far as accuracy? Who knows, as you stated you haven't seen any literature showing it so that doesn't mean it couldn't have existed right? I'm just going by our discussion we had over your new Shelby airflow that you swear was all original from shelby with no darts or pinstriping on the frame. If that's "accurate" then why can't this be?

The difference here Chris is that the Shelby is an original paint bike and this is a restoration. I suppose I can call Bob Strucel and ask him why he used those parts. Maybe he has seen something the rest of us hasn't. Again, as in my reply to Ohio Jones the ad Mike used was not a Five Bar model. V/r Shawn

The difference here Chris is that the Shelby is an original paint bike and this is a restoration. I suppose I can call Bob Strucel and ask him why he used those parts. Maybe he has seen something the rest of us hasn't. Again, as in my reply to Ohio Jones the ad Mike used was not a Five Bar model. V/r Shawn

Unless the bike was for sale, and I was in the market for one and seriously considering it, I wouldn't stress over it. It's a great bike regardless and the execution of tracking down all the parts to keep it together again after what happened ... I applaud him on the entire deal of a job well done. Great job. Killer bike. Bravo.

We are talking about two different bikes here. The OPs (Marty) bike is not the same one Mike posted. Marty saved the one from Ebay and Mike had Bob restore the one he has. V/r Shawn

I see this old thread is still active. So, here is an update on the original post bike. A few months ago I got the bars and stem replaced with a pair of the reproduction Paintworx dual position bars and an original Can't Slip stem. Grips are older stock repop Monark's from Memory Lane. Found a McCully rear rack but need to get it paint matched before installing. Still a work in progress.

20190204_155138.jpg

20190204_155109.jpg

20190204_155051.jpg

20190201_184851.jpg

We are talking about two different bikes here. The OPs (Marty) bike is not the same one Mike posted. Marty saved the one from Ebay and Mike had Bob restore the one he has. V/r Shawn

Your probably Correct, strange thing is I was flipping through the back of the Silver King book and in the back couple pages was a image of a bike built like the one below. [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I currently have a Super Frame, no pie crust . Iv had 2 of them and no pie crusts. Although my Hawthorne 5 bar has a pie crust .

[emoji1422] and Enjoy the Ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just realized I had never updated this thread with pictures that included the rear rack. This is my final update to this old thread as it has now moved on to a new home where I can assure you it will be well cared for.

In the shop waiting for its new owner to arrive.

At its new home.

Well the PG Monark is a rider again! It took several re-pop parts I had laying around to get it here like the bars, stem, grips, pedals, & dropstand, but it's better than a bunch of parts setting in boxes in the back of my barn collecting dust, until I find correct OG replacements anyway. I took it for a little ride around the yard today. I have 3 Super Frame 5 bars, this is the first one I have had the chance to actually ride. It felt pretty good! View attachment 422987 View attachment 422989 View attachment 422990 View attachment 422991 View attachment 422994 View attachment 422996
Why do people pull apart a good bike? Trashed or jigsaw bikes I understand.

Back