When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

39' Speigel Airman / Monark Speedster

-
Howdy All

Like many of you, I was blown away when this bike surfaced back in June. So I have to say that I am honored to be the next caretaker of this killer machine.

After all the advice given to the original owners family to not restroy this bike. I hope that I did this incredibly rare bike justice.

Enjoy
Chad
View attachment 715583 View attachment 715573 View attachment 715574
View attachment 715590
First one iv ever seen also ,Its cool . Can you post pics of the other side.Thanks for sharing the pics and Congrats

Thanks for posting a picture of the inside of the tank.
It's interesting the way it's strapped on.
Does the other half have the same type of corresponding trim piece?
Super cool bike!
Congrats, on the nice acquisition.

Thanks Marty,

No the other half of the tank I'd have to guess is the same as a standard Five bar tank as it only has one fastening screw hole. From my observation, the only difference between the two tanks (Five-bar and this) themselves are the five slits cut in the top center left half for the tabs on the triangular piece to enter and be bent over to support the back half of the tank. But I'd be curious if a standard five bar tank have these slits cut in them.

Chad
IMG_20171104_211734.jpg

Thanks Marty,

No the other half of the tank I'd have to guess is the same as a standard Five bar tank as it only has one fastening screw hole. From my observation, the only difference between the two tanks (Five-bar and this) themselves are the five slits cut in the top center left half for the tabs on the triangular piece to enter and be bent over to support the back half of the tank. But I'd be curious if a standard five bar tank have these slits cut in them.

Chad
View attachment 715766

Chad no standard Five Bar tank I've ever seen has the slots for the tabs. This is unique to this model. V/r Shawn

Back