When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 Days Later ANOTHER Rudge...

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
...and this one was only a few miles from the other one. Crazy! And check out the "shearling" saddle cover in the first photo. 🤪

This ladies model is much newer than the 1953 I had just picked up (possibly early 70's ), but still it might become a Donor bike for the other one. I need to check the rear hub for an actual date, but I'm really hoping that this fork will fit the mens 23'' frame bike. Possibly both fenders might also become Donors once I get to start cleaning it up along with the neck. Pedals are not original, and I'll check the tires, which hold air, to see if they are.

So, another day...another Rudge... 😎

IMG_2424.jpeg

IMG_2425.jpeg

IMG_2426.jpeg

IMG_2427.jpeg

IMG_2429.jpeg

IMG_2430.jpeg

IMG_2432.jpeg

IMG_2433.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpeg

IMG_2435.jpeg

IMG_2436.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg

IMG_2440.jpeg

IMG_2442.jpeg

IMG_2444.jpeg

IMG_2445.jpeg

IMG_2439.jpeg

The hub date looks right to me. This was in the period of cost-cutting when they were going to generic parts for the Rudge and Humber. It has a generic chain ring but the traditional Rudge fork. By the late 1960s, the Rudge and Humber forks were gone and they went to a generic, square shoulder type fork for them (too bad). The Rudge is an attractive, strong fork design. You could buy heavy-duty replacement forks for any of the Raleigh, Rudge or Humber bikes with the Raleigh Industries logo, and which were of the Rudge pattern, the design being rather overbuilt at the crown.

Do you have a flute that makes these Limeys follow you home?

I've been ridiculously lucky, I know, as others I've seen for sale are crazily priced in terrible condition that aren't that far from me. They usually pop up when I least expect it! 🤩

Back