When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reduced 4 Sets of Parts - Something for Everyone

-

SirMike1983

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

1. Road Bike Parts Pack: you get a Schwinn-approved headlight with stem mount; German-made Schwinn generator with mount; and two sets of road bike rat trap pedals. I have not tested the generator and headlight, but I do believe they work. The generator turns freely and nothing is loose. The head light could be cleaned a bit, but is in decent shape. The headlight stem mount is complete. You also get two sets of road bike pedals from the '70s: a 9/16 set for your English bike and a 1/2 set for your Schwinn. The 1/2 set (the chrome set) is a weighted, self-righting set. Both sets spin freely. There's a little runout on one of the axles on one of the silver pedals, but it's not bad. Both sets function and can be ridden. $33 shipped in the lower 48 for all of this.

full.jpg

full.jpg

2. Vintage cruiser/American bike set: you get a set of rear drop screws and a Westfield/Columbia front hub. The screws have good threads. One is slightly bent, but they both should work. You probably can straighten the slightly bent screw in a vise. The front hub is from a 1940s-era Westfield 26 inch ballooner bike. The shell appears to be milled from a single piece of metal rather than pressed together (at least it looks that way?). The front hub turns freely - probably just needs to be cleaned out and re-greased. You get this set for $30 shipped in the lower 48 states.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

3. English bike pack: a 1955 Sturmey AW 3-speed with an alloy aluminum hub shell and appropriate shifter. The AW is from the mid-50s. Shell has some dings and scratches, but no breaks or cracks. It's a 40 hole rear shell. I have re-greased and re-oiled this hub. It should work properly and is ready to lace into your English wheel set. It's a premium, uncommon hub with a lightened shell. It also comes with a really, really clean brass-faced Sturmey shifter. This is a "window" shifter also from the 1950s era. It's very tight and should work really nicely. It's a good match for the hub for your English bike project. This stuff is from the 1950s 'golden age' of Sturmey Archer, when their quality was second-to-none. $50 shipped for these in the lower 48 states.

full.jpg

full.jpg

4. Schwinn and Reich bell pack: two Schwinn badges: a large oval and a small 'winged' badge. The winged badge is from a 1950s lightweight Schwinn. Badges are in good shape. These badges also come with a Reich German bell, at least I think it's a Reich. The bell has a crown on the lever. It works well and has a quite loud, double ring. Bell looks 1950s-60s era, but could pass for any time period. It's very plain and classic looking. $30 shipped in the lower 48 states.

If you want just the rat trap pedals - I can do $28 shipped in the lower 48 states for just those two sets of pedals.

Drop on the Westfield hub and bolts package: $25 shipped in the lower 48 states.

$45 shipped in the lower 48 for the alloy Sturmey hub and shifter.

If you want just the rat trap pedals - I can do $28 shipped in the lower 48 states for just those two sets of pedals.

Drop on the Westfield hub and bolts package: $25 shipped in the lower 48 states.

$45 shipped in the lower 48 for the alloy Sturmey hub and shifter.

PM sent on Sturmey Archer...

Selling what's left individually plus shipping. Below is what's left. Small items that fit into a flat rate USPS box will be $8 shipped in the lower 48 states. Medium items go in a medium flat rate box and cost $16 to ship. I'll fit as much as I can fit into the boxes. Pick and choose your parts:

What's left (I took some items that did not sell to the local bike charity. Here's what I have:

-Rear-facing drop screws $10 [small]
-Westfield 1940s-era front hub $15 [small]

Last edited:
Back