When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

40-41 Ladies Hawthorne Comet, Paint Removal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'd say it's coming off nicely. Don't rush it. When you rush, you are much more likely to screw up (trust me, I know from experience!).

Though I'm new to the world of bikes, I've used the Goof-Off method of removing slopped on paint in my other hobbies. Works well in most cases.

That is what winter is for.Set up a work area and you have something to keep you busy on those snowy days/

I am definitely taking my time. Still working on the fenders, did another project over the weekend so I'll be getting back to this one this week.

I use heavy duty ezoff but don't recommend it because it has a small window to get it off and only one shot at it u put it on twice it will fuk up the original paint

Tonight I finished off both fenders and brace arms. fenders look great! Did the tank lid, it's not as pretty but still better than the green. Did the chain gaurd as well, still need to hit the inside. Been letting the remover soak a bit and then run down with a rag a few times and then steel wool on real bad spots. The yellow paint if way harder to get off than the green. Still a lot more to do!

IMG_20160815_182620254.jpg

IMG_20160815_182636771.jpg

IMG_20160815_195441492.jpg

IMG_20160815_195456072.jpg

IMG_20160815_195513172.jpg

Looking great .. I just use regular goof off - a well ventilated space - a old towel .... removed small sections then went over the area one more time as I started each new area .. steel wool I did not use - from my experiences steel wool removed too much paint in the process ... keep doin what your doin ... time is your friend on paint removal ..

Back