When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'40 LaSalle question...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BFGforme

riding my 42 defense model Bf Goodrich
There was a 40 LaSalle for sale on here that has schwinn on the down tube that says schwinn instead of LaSalle? Had a few LaSalle and all said LaSalle on the downtube! Had a few with schwinn on the downtube and all had planes and trains badge! Just curious.....chime in with opinions on this, not dissing that bike, just wondering...... thanks....

Guess no one else has ever owned a LaSalle or plains and train's.... LoL

My LaSalle has SantaCruz on the downtube and has full suspension. I think someone switched things over the years

That is an excellent question and I hope someone will answer it.

Since the badges for Schwinn seem to come in almost infinite varieties, and seem to have been stuck on willy-nilly without any real relationship to model, did the script on the downtube always match? Was it put on at the same time as the badge? Was it done at the Schwinn factory or at the retailer? Did they all even have script on the downtube?

Does anyone have "Packard" script on the downtube of an original Packard-badged Schwinn?

I've had 3 or 4 pre-war planes and trains that had schwinn on the downtube and couple that didn't, had few LaSalle and they all had LaSalle on downtube, both excelsior's have excelsior! Wondering like bloo....

I think that CCSC head badge may have something to do with the mix match. Like not being original to the bike. On a nice original paint bike, why would the badge screw(s) be messed with?

1606799679936.png

I'm no 'expert' but usually the down tube decal is same as the headbadge... uh right? IF they had a down tube decal at all on the particular bike

Not all trains and planes had down tube decals.....

I'm no 'expert' but usually the down tube decal is same as the headbadge... uh right? IF they had a down tube decal at all on the particular bike

Not all trains and planes had down tube decals.....

Here's the down tube on the bike with that head badge posted above.

1606802246702.png
h

Back