When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'40 LaSalle question...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So what I think maybe some are not putting together here since it’s been called planes trains badge for like forever , is that this is theeee true Schwinn badge... schwinn is the name in big letters across the front. Just like excelsior or Lasalle or ace or liberty or whatever As to why it sometimes has the matching schwinn dt decal. But to answer why some do and don’t... haven’t a clue. I have only seen schwinn on the PT Schwinn badged bikes and like Bob said, some have it some don’t.. I think certain badges got decals and others never did. Seems like a lot of the chicyco and Louisville bikes had them.. Lincoln, Lasalle, liberty and whatever the Louisville bike one was....... what did schwinn have? Schwinn, excelsior, paramount, the world, majestic and ace? and autocycle for decals? . now that I think about it, those seem to be the only true schwinn ones no? I know when we get to snap tanks there is also a motorbike tank decal. But I can’t remember if there is aDT decal on that. Think it said schwinn? So basically all the old schwinn big names get decals, the motorcycle brands they bought and had made frames for. Then the world which was like their first real branded thing right? And then the paramount line...

Last edited:
I think that CCSC head badge may have something to do with the mix match. Like not being original to the bike. On a nice original paint bike, why would the badge screw(s) be messed with?

View attachment 1309949
Looking at this picture looks like the Headbadge was replace look on the side. Maybe it’s just me but seems like the replace it.

I'd like to know if that tank has the flaps inside on the nose which would also include the supports at the base of the front end which I don't see due to the angle...leading me to believe tank is postwar. The guard has an airplane commonly seen on goodrich streamline models so that's a bit odd. Plus the large nut on the springer seems to be early type as 1940 would have a much more shiney one as found on 1941 autocycles. Who ever got it is a lucky person. If it was a Schwinn head a little work and your golden. If was not a Schwinn head they'll sleep much better and I'm envious if that's the case...lol
While I like it and seems to blend well this gem seems to be slightly pieced together....as for the decal question ..... Schwinn did weird stuff?

Plus the large nut on the springer seems to be early type as 1940 would have a much more shiney one as found on 1941 autocycles.

Which nut? I didn't think it even had a springer. Where are the rest of the pictures?

Which nut? I didn't think it even had a springer. Where are the rest of the pictures?

Here's what I meant, The large nut on the 40 seems to be one used on early Schwinns. See pics. As for my springer blunder I must have been half asleep....lol

Screenshot_20201205-072118~2.png

Screenshot_20201205-072444~2.png

Screenshot_20201205-073334.png

Screenshot_20201205-073315.png

Oh THAT nut. It also lacks the new for 1940 upside-down headset that usually goes with the nut circled red in the post above. Does anyone know whether there was any logic to which bikes got the new 1940 parts?

Back