When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

40s monark rocket 5 bar?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
hello guys i just picked this bike up. Im not firmilier with monarks but i believe this is from the early 40s. Its missing the truss rods girps and headlight. I dont think its a 5 bar because its not a straight bar and it should not of had a tank. From what i saw thebstraight bar ones had tanks. And anyone coupd confirm my findings or correct me that woupd be appreciated.

20200624_142802.jpg

20200624_142806.jpg

20200624_142809.jpg

20200624_142814.jpg

20200624_142822.jpg

20200624_142835.jpg

20200624_142845.jpg

20200624_142937.jpg

Last edited:
Prewar Rocket, could possibly have had a tank. Nice uncommon bike. I may have a set of truss rods available. Can you get a picture of the complete serial number?

Prewar Rocket, could possibly have had a tank. Nice uncommon bike. I may have a set of truss rods available. Can you get a picture of the complete serial number?
Im going to start talking this apart and soaking it tomorrow so ill definitely add the rest of the serial number then.

Another question just to put out there Do you know if this is the correct rear rack? Im find very similar bikes but most have different chainguard and rack?

Im going to start talking this apart and soaking it tomorrow so ill definitely add the rest of the serial number then.

Another question just to put out there Do you know if this is the correct rear rack? Im find very similar bikes but most have different chainguard and rack?

I Think its correct as-is. The Rocket was the budget line for Monark and this bike probably didn't have a tank to start with. I don't think that frame was introduced until either '40 or '41. V/r Shawn

Yep, I think Shawn is right, looks like the narrower bar 40-41 Rocket frame. It basically takes the same tank as the post war Rockets, as apposed to the '39 and earlier Rockets with the wider top bars that took the hanging tank.

Wow this is one of 2 bikes i made look worse from dipping it probably just going to repaint it.There was alot less paint underneath than i exspected. Tires and tubes are on the ways already and im currently redoing the seat.

614899581.jpg

614899605.jpg

20200627_145712.jpg

Reactions: JLF
Back