When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'40's Monark Special Deluxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Monark Owner

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi everyone:
I recently inherited this bike and am trying find out how complete it is. All the Monarks I have researched online either have springer front
IMG_4785.JPG
ends, or truss bars. This example has neither, and I am wondering if it ever did. If any of you notice anything else that is not correct, any advice would be appreciated. I realize it is missing a tank horn, and I have a torpedo light for the front fender. I would like to clean this bike up and have it on the road in the spring. Many thanks for taking the time to read this
Pic1.png

It looks like your bike has the separate metal bumper below the rear reflector. This would make it a 1948.
A torpedo light would be incorrect.
You need a pedestal light and springer forks. The seat should have a split crash rail.
I have some of these parts.

It looks like your bike has the separate metal bumper below the rear reflector. This would make it a 1948.
A torpedo light would be incorrect.
You need a pedestal light and springer forks. The seat should have a split crash rail.
I have some of these parts.
Pic2.png

That's great, as I would like the bike to be correct, and I welcome a source for the parts.
The only reason that I doubted whether the bike originally had springer forks is because all of the pictures showing bikes with springer forks have straight front forks, unlike mine which are curved. All the examples I saw with curved front forks had truss bars. But, I am a novice, and I am learning. Please let me know what you think, and what parts you have in stock. I have posted another shot so you can see the rear details. Thank you!

Here are the specifications for a 1948.
Your bike is missing the first four items.

-U-shaped handlebars
-Lobdell Emery Saddle with “Safety-Gard” split crash rail (1st year for this feature)
-Shock-Absorbing Double-Spring Cushion Front Fork
-“Air-Style” design Headlight with Brilliant “Road-Focus” Beam (Pedestal Light)
-Luggage Rack with Auto-Style chrome “Cheese Grater” Grill (1st year for this feature)
-“Tear Drop” Rear Reflector
-“Kromegard” Rear Fender Bumper (below the reflector) only year for this feature
-Shallow fenders
-Narrow Chain Guard (shaped like a field hockey stick)
-Horn Tank with Side Button
-“Air Wing” Head Shroud with Head Plate (1st year for this feature)
-NO “Silver-Wing” Fender Crest (Rocket Trim on Front Fender)

Last edited:
The image is pretty blurry but it looks like the chain guard says 'Deluxe'.
That would make it a lower end model and would explain the truss rods.
The 1948 'Super Deluxe' should look like this.
38494e9ae65082dc88ed7ea5b36cc5e8.jpg

The image is pretty blurry but it looks like the chain guard says 'Deluxe'.
That would make it a lower end model and would explain the truss rods.
The 1948 'Super Deluxe' should look like this.
View attachment 367734
The front forks suggest that this is a 1948 "Deluxe" that is missing the truss rods. However, my chain guard reads "Super Deluxe". Perhaps the chain guard was from another bike, although the color scheme matches. It is a mystery to me so far.

Back