When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'41 Colson Super Cruiser Questions

-

popawheelie

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello all, I just bought a Colson SC from npence and I have questions for those of you that have this Model of bike or are familiar with it. I haven't received the bike (I just bought it today), but first of all, how does the TANK screw together? I don't see a frame in the tank, so does it have long screws that go through it? Second, where can I get a replacement reflector for the rear fender? Third, I'm told the spring mechanism isn't working in the Shock/cushioner housing.........what does it look like inside the housing, and from whom might I buy the correct spring to replace the broken one? Fourth, where can I find the RACK with the hole for the light? I have a rack orig. to the bike, but no hole in the rear for the light. Fifth, what is the correct Drop stand for this? Do I need to know the length etc?Any suggestions will be appreciated. Mike

The front of the tank screws into the head tube. There is a piece of tubing that sits vertically and is wedged between the top tubes. The rear of the tank screws into this.
The rear reflector shouldn't be too hard to find. Put out a request in the 'Wanted' section.
The bushing for the front suspension is shown here.
Check this link for a replacement.
http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/making-a-colson-cushioner-shock-bushing.51728/

IMG_0181.jpg
IMG_0184.jpg

Thank you, Stradalite, for your info. When I place an ad in the wanted section, what term do I use to refer to the reflector? Is it a "firefly" etc.? I'll check with the fellow that made the "Spring" mechanism and see if they still have one.....that is a huge help-thanks!

I'm not sure what the correct term for the reflector is. I'm thinking it's specific for this bike. Not sure though.
Just post "1941 Colson Bullnose reflector wanted"

If I have the time I'll take my tank apart to show how it's attached.

Back