When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

41 CWC 3 gill Speed King

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@ozzie, The look of the tank is the big difference to me, long curve! ( not as much as a 4 gill tho! ) some changes today, I liked that rack but it just didn't fit right & tried a few other, have a bunch of variations of similar CWC racks with odd little differences ( look like they would fit the same till you actually try, blue rack in the middle is a Snyder ), had to bend the fender mount on both racks to get the legs to go on the axles but the tail lite rack rubbed the top of the fender, front mounts a little longer, rear center fender mount different lengths and that's one thing, no hole in the fender for mount and 2 rear fender braces, seems like most CWC's that have the rack/fender mount only have 1 fender brace?, so maybe this bike being a standard fork, no horn in tank model, not a lot of info on these SpeedKing's and in the W Bingham catalogs some pic are year old Roadmasters so as alot of resellers some bikes were a little different.

Last edited:
We will have to do a Speedking ride. I have a bent tank 1941 speedking, a girls 1941 tall frame speedking, and another 1941 Speedmaster bent tank one as well.

I know the seat is correct, I've had it on a few and seen it on many 40-41 CWC's they are Lobdel but must all be juveniles seats as they all bottom out/weak springs, @slick ?, never had any other brand/model do that unless the were broke/worn out so will probably swap out before a longer ride!

I know the seat is correct, I've had it on a few and seen it on many 40-41 CWC's they are Lobdel but must all be juveniles seats as they all bottom out/weak springs, @slick ?, never had any other brand/model do that unless the were broke/worn out so will probably swap out before a longer ride!View attachment 1610814
View attachment 1610815

Mine isn't a lobdell on either of mine. That seat would be correct on a prewar Shelby though. I have a buddy that needs that seat. Mine are oil cloth material. I forgot what brand?

I know the seat is correct, I've had it on a few and seen it on many 40-41 CWC's they are Lobdel but must all be juveniles seats as they all bottom out/weak springs, @slick ?, never had any other brand/model do that unless the were broke/worn out so will probably swap out before a longer ride!View attachment 1610814
View attachment 1610815
Mine isn't a lobdell on either of mine. That seat would be correct on a prewar Shelby though. I have a buddy that needs that seat. Mine are oil cloth material. I forgot what brand?

That Lobdell is the correct original seat

Back