When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

41 CWC Roadmaster Freshened Up

-
Great looking build, curious about your serial #'s, your frame seems to be a odd mix for a 3 gill style frame, straight lower chainstays with curved down tube, can't find that combination in the catalogs, another late prewar anomaly?
Many thanks. The tank is a donor patina match tank from what I believe to be Hawthorne Comet bike so that’s definitely not OG. Here’s the serial #, per the chart what I can tell is 40/41
I’m all ears and love learning from the experts!

Looks like a 40-41 by numbers but as said a odd frame, I'm only talking about the 3 gill frame and years may not be exact, first yr 38 has straight rear stays straight front down tube, 39-40 has kicked up rear stays and straight front down tube, 41-42 are curved/curved, the bent tank is completely different with multiple frame combinations even the same year but noticed in 41 they had some thrift models that used older frame components so maybe they were using up whatever they had before the war. this is where we need the CWC scholar RMS37 Phil Marshall.

Looks like a 40-41 by numbers but as said a odd frame, I'm only talking about the 3 gill frame and years may not be exact, first yr 38 has straight rear stays straight front down tube, 39-40 has kicked up rear stays and straight front down tube, 41-42 are curved/curved, the bent tank is completely different with multiple frame combinations even the same year but noticed in 41 they had some thrift models that used older frame components so maybe they were using up whatever they had before the war. this is where we need the CWC scholar RMS37 Phil Marshall.
Thank you so much for the explanation, I hadn’t really noticed the straight chain stays before. My 39 cwc has bent stays and straight downtube like you say … very interesting and thanks for pointing that out

Back