When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'41 Firestone Flying Ace with Sturmey Archer 2 speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Springer Tom

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Decided to try a modern Sturmey Archer 2 speed kickback hub in my Flying Ace. As you can see, I wanted to retain the original chain and front sprocket so it appears original. I had a friend make me a rear sprocket that fit the SA hub and still retain the skiptooth chain. The hub is a little wider than the original New Departure and when I put it together the sprockets weren't running paralell. The SA hub had a jamb nut on the right side so I removed it and it fits and works great......check it out.........:cool:
IMG_0805.jpg
IMG_0808.jpg
IMG_0809.jpg
IMG_0810.jpg

I like it and wouldn't mind owning it if you ever decide to sell it, hit me up. Great bike and love the color combo. Looks nice!

Great bike!!!
I had a chance to buy one last year, got kind of apathetic and distracted, then halfway forgot about it. I think Nickinator eventually bought the bike??

Wish I had one now!

Bike Looks Sweet...

Especially the blue.I'm curious about the S/A hub.Is it overdrive or is 1st gear low like a Bendix Red or Yellow Band?

Back