When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'41 Rollfast Klunker - "Uncle Nino"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I initially ordered a brand new Shimano Cb-E110 for this bike, but then I found this 60 y/o gem and couldn’t say no. Hopefully it’s mechanically sound and works as well as it did back in the day.
IMG-6140.jpg

Although you did start off by giving an apology, for ruining a nice original survivor, you have put yourself out there, and you're not completely off the hook. I've rat-rodded a whole lot of bikes, and I can see your project is going to turn out nice, but there's too many rusty frames out there to ruin an old original bike with a great green paint-job like yours. I've taken some heat myself on the CABE, for some of the pre-war bikes I've made into rats; but all of them had "bolt-on" accessories that left no permanent damage to original paint. Bare-bones frames with bad paint-jobs are always readily available and they're cheap for projects like yours. Of course, you do own it, but post it in the "Custom bikes forum." The original bike guys don't look at them and you won't get any flack. Have fun with it.

Although you did start off by giving an apology, for ruining a nice original survivor, you have put yourself out there, and you're not completely off the hook. I've rat-rodded a whole lot of bikes, and I can see your project is going to turn out nice, but there's too many rusty frames out there to ruin an old original bike with a great green paint-job like yours. I've taken some heat myself on the CABE, for some of the pre-war bikes I've made into rats; but all of them had "bolt-on" accessories that left no permanent damage to original paint. Bare-bones frames with bad paint-jobs are always readily available and they're cheap for projects like yours. Of course, you do own it, but post it in the "Custom bikes forum." The original bike guys don't look at them and you won't get any flack. Have fun with it.
Just to verify, "Project Rides" is for "Working on a restoration or custom build? This is the place to keep a running topic documenting your project step-by-step" so hopefully I haven't strayed too far off the path already. I fully understand that what I'm doing with this bike doesn't appeal to 95% of the folks on this site, but I also feel like this is the best place to find helpful, friendly people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience. I am already in pursuit of another bike, something to keep original or restore (like I know how to do that.) The one thing I do know is that all of this is getting me more involved in RIDING BICYCLES, and I don't think anyone's going to baulk at that. :) -Peace

Think your kinda missing @the tinker point ( I really wondered the same thing ) there are plenty of non og paint frames around for projects. I love building a cool bike out of a crusty frame instead of tearing down something og and that green bike og was worth more than a bare frame and I think kinda rare color.

Last edited:
Back