When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

41 Schwinn dx custom build

-
Added some metal mesh inside the fender to show thru the cut outs
F8F3E6E6-28A1-4A81-AE84-6308238A2EE7.jpeg

Got my 41 Schwinn almost completed...just have to do the fenders which will require a lot of work so decided to get everything else assembled so I could do some riding on it...and may use the chain guard as well ...when I got the bike it had a crappy paint job plus other issues..I painted the frame a nice gold colour..painted the crank and chainwheel..handlebar stem...truss rods...fender braces and forks and handlebars..replaced the pedals and tires and laced newer used chrome rims to the skiptooth hubs..View attachment 1025669

View attachment 1025670

View attachment 1025671

View attachment 1025672

View attachment 1025673

View attachment 1025674

View attachment 1025675

View attachment 1025676

I disassembled the original seat...cleaned and painted the parts and recovered with nice leather...I was able to reuse the under padding as it was still in great condition..I put on brooks leather wrap for the grips....took it for a test ride and it rides super smooth...I love the schwalbe tires..I’m quite happy with the results so far..I will sell the old rims and pedals if anyone wants them...
What is the size of tires you are using and where can you get them? Would like to try them?? Thanks

Back