When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

41 Tanks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rigid76

Look Ma, No Hands!
I knew the answer to this question at one time, anyway how is the 41 tank different than the others say a 40. At least I remember their different.

2312f066d41b6f65bc04bae1bb26cd6a-1.jpg
c73e92af8d14a6234bbdd674384ead47-1.jpg
40 41 and sometimes found early 46. Smooth side tanks are BF Goodrich bikes or so I've seen. ... I don't know if that was just a 40 bfg thing or not... but the tank pictured above is 40 and 41

Last edited:
I have a 40 blue thunderbird Schwinn with smooth tank peaked fenders and Ace badge and Ace decal on down tube . Not a bfg also a buddy of mine has a late 39, Early 40 ranger motorbike with a smooth tank also . Ya don't see the smooth tanks that often ..

Cruising my Prewar Schwinn [emoji605]

Since we're on the subject how about the difference between a '41 canti (not the Super) and post war canti tanks? V/r Shawn

Since we're on the subject how about the difference between a '41 canti (not the Super) and post war canti tanks? V/r Shawn

We need confirmation from Bob U. on this. If we are leaving out the super, I think the only difference is the threaded mounting holes on the 41 verses the clips that were used on the post war and the larger hole where the horn button comes through the tank, although I have had several 46 B6's with the large holes.

For the non Schwinn guys reading this, the super had no horn button but did have a light switch at the top of the tank for the lights. It sported a 6 volt battery cage like the hanging tanks.

I have always heard about a non embossed tank but don't know if that was a canti tank.

My 3 cents.

Back